- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro via the Lemosho route
- Take the trail that has higher chances of making it to the summit
- Traverse the the Shira Plateau, one of the highest plateaus on earth
This route is less crowded compared with other routes, making it perfect for first-time trekkers. Also, since it takes more time to reach the top through this route, it provides better acclimatization to climbers/trekkers, increasing the chances of a successful summit.
Your trek starts on the western side of Kilimanjaro from Londorossi Gate. Continue your journey through the rainforest to reach the Shira Plateau. At this point, the trail moves east to the Lava Tower from where it heads down to Barranco Camp. Continue your journey to Karanga Camp followed by Barafu Camp, the final camp before your summit attempt.
Descend to Mweka Hut from the summit and drive to Moshi, where you will spend your last night. Included in the tour price is two night's stay in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
We were a group of 3 people from France, who made the 7-day ascent of the Lemosho route - descent Mweka Kilimanjaro Trek.
Climbing Kilimanjaro under the Kilisa circuits was fabulous because we really had a great experience and we got the best service. Naick, who is the owner of the company, contacted us all the time and the communication was easy as he made all the logistical arrangements and the price was absolutely reasonable in addition
This trip exceeded my expectations
Everything was well planned, from arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfers to the hotel and back and of course the duration of the trek
The route that we chose is very picturesque each day presented different sites. And this route helped us acclimatize to the high altitude and increased our chances of success before trying to Uhuru Peak.
The food was delicious and varied every day, served with fruits and vegetables, including coffee and tea. I couldn't believe how creative the chef was at producing hot food on the mountain.
In general, we could not have asked for a better guide and a better team than those in Kilisa
The hike was great, it was a great success to stand at the top and we could not have done it without the support of this team
we were strong and fit and for that we finished the hike a day earlier. And even after the hike, Naick was kind enough to invite us home and had dinner with his family
It made for a truly remarkable experience.
We had a great trip to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and even after.
I would highly recommend this company without any hesitation.”
We would like to thank you for your well detailed and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of our company
We are also thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we made this whole experience remarkable to you [we take pride for that]
while, we're so appreciative for your gratitude ..
Many thanks for recommendation
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Forest Camp
Day 2: Forest Camp – Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp 1 – Shira 2 – Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp – Kilimanjaro Summit – Mweka Hut
Day 7: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Total meals: 6 breakfast, 6 lunch and 6 dinner
- Transport: Private transfer to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi. Transportation between your Moshi hotel and Kilimanjaro National Park gate
- Accommodation: 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi (1 night before & 1 night after the trip). Accommodation in camps during the climb as per the itinerary
- Park entry fees & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Government taxes. 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double-layered sleeping mats
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
- Treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oxygen meter
- Emergency first aid kit
- Travel Insurance
- All flights
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Tips for guides, cook & porters
- Lunch, dinner and drinks at your hotel before and after climb
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for an extra USD 70 per person for the entire duration of the trek
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.