- duration 7 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro via the Lemosho route
- Take the trail that has higher chances of making it to the summit
- Traverse the the Shira Plateau, one of the highest plateaus on earth
This route is less crowded than other routes, making it perfect from first-time trekkers. Also, since it takes more to reach the top through this route, it provides better acclimatization to the climbers, increasing the chances of a successful summit.
Your trek starts on the western side of Kilimanjaro from Londorossi Gate. Continue your journey through the rainforest to reach the Shira Plateau. At this point, the trail moves east to the Lava Tower from where it heads down to Barranco Camp. Continue your journey to Karanga Camp followed by Barafu Camp, the final camp before your summit attempt.
Descend to Mweka Hut from the summit and drive to Moshi, where you will spend your last night. Included in the tour price is two night's stay in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Forest Camp
Day 2: Forest Camp – Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp 1 – Shira 2 – Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp – Kilimanjaro Summit – Mweka Hut
Day 7: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Total meals: 6 breakfast, 6 lunch and 6 dinner
- Transport: Private transfer to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi. Transportation between your Moshi hotel and Kilimanjaro National Park gate
- Accommodation: 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi (1 night before & 1 night after the trip). Accommodation in camps during the climb as per the itinerary
- Park entry fees & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Government taxes. 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double-layered sleeping mats
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
- Treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oxygen meter
- Emergency first aid kit
- Travel Insurance
- All flights
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Tips for guides, cook & porters
- Lunch, dinner and drinks at your hotel before and after climb
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for an extra USD 70 per person for the entire duration of the trek
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Save +US$ 62 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.