- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro via the Lemosho route
- Take the trail that has higher chances of making it to the summit
- Traverse the the Shira Plateau, one of the highest plateaus on earth
This route is less crowded compared with other routes, making it perfect for first-time trekkers. Also, since it takes more time to reach the top through this route, it provides better acclimatization to climbers/trekkers, increasing the chances of a successful summit.
Your trek starts on the western side of Kilimanjaro from Londorossi Gate. Continue your journey through the rainforest to reach the Shira Plateau. At this point, the trail moves east to the Lava Tower from where it heads down to Barranco Camp. Continue your journey to Karanga Camp followed by Barafu Camp, the final camp before your summit attempt.
Descend to Mweka Hut from the summit and drive to Moshi, where you will spend your last night. Included in the tour price is two night's stay in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by the generous man by the name of Nickson. He honestly couldn't be more welcoming and friendly. He leaded us to the transport. His English was very easy to understand, His driving skills were excellent and we had a great time with him in the car not only upon the arrival but also the departure day
Since this was our first to in Tanzania-Kilimanjaro, I cannot write this review without mentioning the Best guide of all time Bakari and Bryson Not only are they great at their jobs but they are super friendly and insanely polite. Plus, we didn't have one complaint about the food. The food was amazing and for that I would especially point out Kulwa [chef].
In short the whole crew was more than helpful yet made sure we were always ok with everything and anything we needed and they were nice and attentive to us the whole time and few of the crew actually became friends during our course of Kilimanjaro
Along with Ramadhan, He was like the master of all song I can say! He kept the party alive for us during the time we were at the mountain!! It was fun singing and dancing with the crew I promise he could win Kilimanjaro Idol,
I’m not saying climbing Kilimanjaro Mountain was easy. Cause honestly it was difficult at some point and challenging but I’m saying with the right choice of the company as Kilisa Tours that got great crew makes the whole experience worthy and somehow easy
After the summit we had five days left with to Tanzania and due to the top notch service we had at the mountain we decided to also go on a 3- days safari to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro and a day trip a chemka hot spring after. Nothing went wrong the whole experience was Incredible
Our only real complaint the entire time was that had to leave get back home to get back to our jobs. LOL!
will be ungrateful if I didn’t give the special thanks to our guide, porters and cooker from Kilisa Tours without you this couldn’t be done. Thank you very much our friends. It was a trip of a lifetime and We were definitely not disappointed, All thanks to Kilisa and I would highly recommend it to you”
The fact that you have returned home with happy memories, thrills us
We always try to provide you a memorable stay and make your experience unforgettable and we are delighted to know we have succeed!
We love to read reviews filled with feelings and love like your! We are so pleased to hear that you really had an amazing experience
We will be very happy to welcome you again
We are delighted to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and we meet your expectations.
It is our intention to offer the great service so that our guests can still enjoy their vacation memories once they are back home.
Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments to our staff which of course have been shared with the entire team.
It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Forest Camp
Day 2: Forest Camp – Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp 1 – Shira 2 – Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp – Kilimanjaro Summit – Mweka Hut
Day 7: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Total meals: 6 breakfast, 6 lunch and 6 dinner
- Transport: Private transfer to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi. Transportation between your Moshi hotel and Kilimanjaro National Park gate
- Accommodation: 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi (1 night before & 1 night after the trip). Accommodation in camps during the climb as per the itinerary
- Park entry fees & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Government taxes. 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double-layered sleeping mats
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
- Treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oxygen meter
- Emergency first aid kit
- Travel Insurance
- All flights
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Tips for guides, cook & porters
- Lunch, dinner and drinks at your hotel before and after climb
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for an extra USD 70 per person for the entire duration of the trek
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Save +US$ 56 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.