- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 7+ years old
- age_requirement 7+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Summit Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, via Shira route
- Trek to the summit of Shira Cathedral
- Walk through giant heathers to reach the rim of Shira Plateau
- Enjoy beautiful scenery along the way
Your journey starts in Moshi, from where we will drive you to the Londorossi Gate. An off-road vehicle will then transport you to the Shira Gate, located 3,600 metres above sea level, from where you will then hike up to Simba Camp on the first day of the climb. Please note that those who spent the previous night in Moshi will experience a sizeable gain in elevation today and might face complications due to the lack of acclimatisation.
From Simba Camp, your journey to the top continues via Shira 2 Camp, Lava Tower and Barafu Camp. Although it might be difficult for those who cannot deal with a sudden increase in elevation, this route is much more scenic than other routes to the top as it crosses the spectacular Shira Plateau and then joins the Machame route, thereby allowing climbers to experience beautiful sights around the southern circuit as well. Plus, you will experience a low traffic on this route until it joins the Machame.
The Shira is ideal for those who are confident in their ability to acclimatise fast and deal with sudden elevation increases. Along with this, travelers should also be able to trek through steep trails over an extended period of time.
Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please scroll down.
Thank you so much for taking your time and leave us such a great review about the experience you had climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro with our crew.
We are delighted for your successful and great victory
come back when the chances arise, we would be delighted :)
The guides for Kilimanjaro (Bakari, Gooduck, and Daniel) were the absolute best. Our group of 4 all summited and it was one of the best experiences ever. We couldn't have done it without them and it's hard to explain how phenomenal they were. The porters and additional support staff were also incredible, and were never not friendly, supportive, or happy.
After Kilimanjaro we went for safari and was excellent too. A great quality Jeep and our guide was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. All the lodges we stayed at were some of the best places I've ever stayed.
I'd highly recommend Kilisa Tours for exploring what central Tanzania has to offer.”
We are delighted to learn that you had an amazing Kilimanjaro climb and great safari experience
We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the service provided
Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the team.
It is through feedback such as yours that assists our team to monitor well in service experiences.
We look forward to welcoming you back in future.
If you like to stay in touch, please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawn and I spent about 2 weeks in Tanzania, with arrangements made this local tour company who supplied our guide Bacari and Tammy Throughout the Mountain and Chris during our safari and everything was taken care off
porters/cook. Our trip was spent climbing Kilimanjaro 8-Days via Machame Route while we got the chance to Spend a night at Crater Camp during descent and spent 5-Days visiting various animal parks and that include Lake Manyara, Siringet, Tarangire and Ngoro Ngoro but we also we had one day to tour around Moshi town before we departure. Were so happy we had a great experience with this company.
During our safari we saw more animals and beautiful scenery than we ever thought we would, everything was just thrilling.
And during the climb, well ...It was challenging but worthy the experience besides I asked Bacari and he said All ages and all types climb and summit, so don't let that detour you from trying. Approach with common sense and respect the mountain [Fact] Lol
Okay Why do I recommend this company So far Kilisas Team were attentive, friendly and extremely kind ever since we arrived everything was great and from the experience we had with it feels like its their priority to continue providing top-notch service to customers like you always which is I highly recommend you and you and you
Besides they offer the best prices and the highest quality Briefly, everything was really great!
It was truly an amazing wondrous experience.! In the end, climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro was one of the best experiences in my life.”
Thank you for your feedback! Your satisfaction is our pride and helps us to give the best of ourselves to make the guests' stay unforgettable. As you experienced during your stay our mission is providing our customers an experience with a cozy atmosphere and a friendly service!
We hope to see you back in future.
Day 1: Moshi – Shira Gate –Simba Camp
Day 2: Simba Camp – Shira 2 Camp
Day 3: Shira 2 Camp – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp
Day 5: Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak
Day 7: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Meals: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 6 Dinners
- Private drop-off transport to Kilimanjaro International Airport after the trek is over. Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate as per the itinerary
- 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi. Accommodation in camps as per the itinerary during the trek
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks & porters
- National park entry & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double layered sleeping mats
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Government taxes
- Emergency first aid kit
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeters
- International & domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry (laundry service available at your hotel at an additional cost)
- A portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for an extra charge of USD 100 per person for the duration of the trek
- Single supplement for solo travelers
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.