- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Summit Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, via Shira route
- Trek to the summit of Shira Cathedral
- Walk through giant heathers to reach the rim of Shira Plateau
- Enjoy beautiful scenery along the way
Your journey starts in Moshi, from where we will drive you to the Londorossi Gate. An off-road vehicle will then transport you to the Shira Gate, located 3,600 metres above sea level, from where you will then hike up to Simba Camp on the first day of the climb. Please note that those who spent the previous night in Moshi will experience a sizeable gain in elevation today and might face complications due to the lack of acclimatisation.
From Simba Camp, your journey to the top continues via Shira 2 Camp, Lava Tower and Barafu Camp. Although it might be difficult for those who cannot deal with a sudden increase in elevation, this route is much more scenic than other routes to the top as it crosses the spectacular Shira Plateau and then joins the Machame route, thereby allowing climbers to experience beautiful sights around the southern circuit as well. Plus, you will experience a low traffic on this route until it joins the Machame.
The Shira is ideal for those who are confident in their ability to acclimatise fast and deal with sudden elevation increases. Along with this, travelers should also be able to trek through steep trails over an extended period of time.
Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please scroll down.
We arrived to check in early, meet the group we were sharing the experience with and they were awesome, got geared up and then started our adventure
We did the 6-days trek via the Machame route which is a very beautiful scenery and it was worthy every minute. The landscapes are really amazing. The hiking is tough but thanks to the guides who were fantastic and reassuring and did put our minds at ease and answered questions while gave information every step of the way.
The porters were Incredible
Fresh, delicious meals everyday made the adventure even better. And shout out to our chef Juma a.k.a Mama Mayoo, lol thats was what we were told to call him
The WHOLE CREW were friendly and experienced had so much energy and they made everything funny and exciting! [They seem genuinely glad to be of service to you] as they provided a great experience for us. They made my daughter feel like a queen and went above and beyond their role and made us feel relaxed and comfortable with the whole trek
definitely worth every penny
The best part was the experience, because this is really a lifetime experience that we will not forget. We highly recommend this event for those seeking a safe, but breath-taking, experience in Kilimanjaro mountain Climb.”
I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff
It is always so nice to receive such feedback as we work hard to ensure that our guest have lovely experience with us
Your opinion is of great value to us as we constantly strive to improve our services year by year.
experience holiday here with us.
We were a group of 3 people from France, who made the 7-day ascent of the Lemosho route - descent Mweka Kilimanjaro Trek.
Climbing Kilimanjaro under the Kilisa circuits was fabulous because we really had a great experience and we got the best service. Naick, who is the owner of the company, contacted us all the time and the communication was easy as he made all the logistical arrangements and the price was absolutely reasonable in addition
This trip exceeded my expectations
Everything was well planned, from arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfers to the hotel and back and of course the duration of the trek
The route that we chose is very picturesque each day presented different sites. And this route helped us acclimatize to the high altitude and increased our chances of success before trying to Uhuru Peak.
The food was delicious and varied every day, served with fruits and vegetables, including coffee and tea. I couldn't believe how creative the chef was at producing hot food on the mountain.
In general, we could not have asked for a better guide and a better team than those in Kilisa
The hike was great, it was a great success to stand at the top and we could not have done it without the support of this team
we were strong and fit and for that we finished the hike a day earlier. And even after the hike, Naick was kind enough to invite us home and had dinner with his family
It made for a truly remarkable experience.
We had a great trip to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and even after.
I would highly recommend this company without any hesitation.”
We would like to thank you for your well detailed and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of our company
We are also thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we made this whole experience remarkable to you [we take pride for that]
while, we're so appreciative for your gratitude ..
Many thanks for recommendation
Day 1: Moshi – Shira Gate –Simba Camp
Day 2: Simba Camp – Shira 2 Camp
Day 3: Shira 2 Camp – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp
Day 5: Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak
Day 7: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Meals: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 6 Dinners
- Private drop-off transport to Kilimanjaro International Airport after the trek is over. Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate as per the itinerary
- 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi. Accommodation in camps as per the itinerary during the trek
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks & porters
- National park entry & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double layered sleeping mats
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Government taxes
- Emergency first aid kit
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeters
- International & domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry (laundry service available at your hotel at an additional cost)
- A portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for an extra charge of USD 100 per person for the duration of the trek
- Single supplement for solo travelers
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.