- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa, via Rongai route
- Approach the mountain from its northeastern part & descend via the Marangu route
- Spend the first few days hiking through a relatively flat surface
- Rongai route is considered an excellent alternative to the Marangu route & is less crowded
Join us on this seven-day, guided journey to the top of Africa through the route less taken. We will pick you up on arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport and drive you to your hotel in Moshi. Your journey starts on the second day with a drive from Moshi to Marangu Park Gate.
The trek starts in earnest from the Rongai trailhead. Ascend to the top via Simba Camp, Kikelewa Cave, Mawenzi Tarn Camp and Kibo Hut. Although the Rongai route is flatter than other Mount Kilimanjaro routes, the push to the summit from Kibo Hut is steep and follows the same path taken by those using the Marangu route. Once you have summited the mountain, the descent is made through the Marangu route.
Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please scroll down.
We arrived to check in early, meet the group we were sharing the experience with and they were awesome, got geared up and then started our adventure
We did the 6-days trek via the Machame route which is a very beautiful scenery and it was worthy every minute. The landscapes are really amazing. The hiking is tough but thanks to the guides who were fantastic and reassuring and did put our minds at ease and answered questions while gave information every step of the way.
The porters were Incredible
Fresh, delicious meals everyday made the adventure even better. And shout out to our chef Juma a.k.a Mama Mayoo, lol thats was what we were told to call him
The WHOLE CREW were friendly and experienced had so much energy and they made everything funny and exciting! [They seem genuinely glad to be of service to you] as they provided a great experience for us. They made my daughter feel like a queen and went above and beyond their role and made us feel relaxed and comfortable with the whole trek
definitely worth every penny
The best part was the experience, because this is really a lifetime experience that we will not forget. We highly recommend this event for those seeking a safe, but breath-taking, experience in Kilimanjaro mountain Climb.”
I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff
It is always so nice to receive such feedback as we work hard to ensure that our guest have lovely experience with us
Your opinion is of great value to us as we constantly strive to improve our services year by year.
experience holiday here with us.
Day 1: Moshi – Rongai Gate (1,950m) – Simba Camp (2,600m)
Day 2: Simba Camp – Second Cave Camp
Day 3: Second Cave Camp – Kikelewa Cave (3,600m)
Day 4: Kikelewa Cave – Mawenzi Tarn Camp (4,330m)
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp – Kibo Hut (4,700m)
Day 6: Kibo Hut – Uhuru Peak – Horombo Hut
Day 7: Horombo Hut – Marangu Gate – Moshi
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Private pickup and drop-off transport from and to Kilimanjaro International Airport. Transport to & from Kilimanjaro Gate
- 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi & camping during the trek
- 4 season mountain tents & double layered sleeping mats
- National park entry fees & camping charges
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks & porters
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages to the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeter
- Emergency first aid kit
- Government taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- International & domestic flights
- Tanzania visa charges
- Travel insurance
- Lunch, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before & after the climb
- Private flash portable toilet with a portable tent can be rented for USD 100 (to be shared in a group)
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry. You can get your laundry done for extra charges at the hotel
- Tips for guides, porters & cooks
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.