- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa, via Rongai route
- Approach the mountain from its northeastern part & descend via the Marangu route
- Spend the first few days hiking through a relatively flat surface
- Rongai route is considered an excellent alternative to the Marangu route & is less crowded
Join us on this seven-day, guided journey to the top of Africa through the route less taken. We will pick you up on arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport and drive you to your hotel in Moshi. Your journey starts on the second day with a drive from Moshi to Marangu Park Gate.
The trek starts in earnest from the Rongai trailhead. Ascend to the top via Simba Camp, Kikelewa Cave, Mawenzi Tarn Camp and Kibo Hut. Although the Rongai route is flatter than other Mount Kilimanjaro routes, the push to the summit from Kibo Hut is steep and follows the same path taken by those using the Marangu route. Once you have summited the mountain, the descent is made through the Marangu route.
Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please scroll down.
They had a lovely team who clearly work very hard and I will defiantly recommend this company to my friends who plan for Kilimanjaro climb
Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a kind review and we are very grateful to your comments ..as they motivate us a lot.
We try to give maximum service to ensure that our service provided is pleasant and we are thrilled we didn't miss the mark
We will love to welcome you again in Tanzania.
Sending love to USA
We were a group of 3 people from France, who made the 7-day ascent of the Lemosho route - descent Mweka Kilimanjaro Trek.
Climbing Kilimanjaro under the Kilisa circuits was fabulous because we really had a great experience and we got the best service. Naick, who is the owner of the company, contacted us all the time and the communication was easy as he made all the logistical arrangements and the price was absolutely reasonable in addition
This trip exceeded my expectations
Everything was well planned, from arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfers to the hotel and back and of course the duration of the trek
The route that we chose is very picturesque each day presented different sites. And this route helped us acclimatize to the high altitude and increased our chances of success before trying to Uhuru Peak.
The food was delicious and varied every day, served with fruits and vegetables, including coffee and tea. I couldn't believe how creative the chef was at producing hot food on the mountain.
In general, we could not have asked for a better guide and a better team than those in Kilisa
The hike was great, it was a great success to stand at the top and we could not have done it without the support of this team
we were strong and fit and for that we finished the hike a day earlier. And even after the hike, Naick was kind enough to invite us home and had dinner with his family
It made for a truly remarkable experience.
We had a great trip to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and even after.
I would highly recommend this company without any hesitation.”
We would like to thank you for your well detailed and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of our company
We are also thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we made this whole experience remarkable to you [we take pride for that]
while, we're so appreciative for your gratitude ..
Many thanks for recommendation
My husband and I feel like we went with appropriate expectations about the degree of comfort we were likely to encounter on the trip
We had really good guides and support! while, our cook made sure to cook the way we requested and we were always satisfied. I still find it hard to imagine the courage, the strength and patience with which the whole team got through each day with huge smiles
I suffered on the summit night gladly I had attitude sickness medication,our Guide was patient and had great empathy for Usand will always be grateful to the guys for looking after us so well,
After our climb, we went on a 3 days Camping safari drive to the Serengeti and Ngoro Ngoro crater. Once again, the level of service was just Incredible. Our guide Bakari was knowledgeable and flexible and managed to find all the big 5 for us. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime Bakari would drive long drives, then still have the energy to set up our tents...
I cannot speak more highly of this company as It was very affordable and they provided great service and would recommend booking with them if you are thinking of trekking Kilimanjaro or go on a safari.”
Thank you very much for your heart warming comments. I am happy that you had amazing Kilimanjaro Climb and great safari experience 'Trip of a Lifetime"
Thank you very much for your recommendation
Plus, I will pass on your motivating words to the rest of the team, and hope to see you back soon.
Day 1: Moshi – Rongai Gate (1,950m) – Simba Camp (2,600m)
Day 2: Simba Camp – Second Cave Camp
Day 3: Second Cave Camp – Kikelewa Cave (3,600m)
Day 4: Kikelewa Cave – Mawenzi Tarn Camp (4,330m)
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp – Kibo Hut (4,700m)
Day 6: Kibo Hut – Uhuru Peak – Horombo Hut
Day 7: Horombo Hut – Marangu Gate – Moshi
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Private pickup and drop-off transport from and to Kilimanjaro International Airport. Transport to & from Kilimanjaro Gate
- 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi & camping during the trek
- 4 season mountain tents & double layered sleeping mats
- National park entry fees & camping charges
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks & porters
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages to the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeter
- Emergency first aid kit
- Government taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- International & domestic flights
- Tanzania visa charges
- Travel insurance
- Lunch, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before & after the climb
- Private flash portable toilet with a portable tent can be rented for USD 100 (to be shared in a group)
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry. You can get your laundry done for extra charges at the hotel
- Tips for guides, porters & cooks
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.