- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 7+ years old
- age_requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa, via Rongai route
- Approach the mountain from its northeastern part & descend via the Marangu route
- Spend the first few days hiking through a relatively flat surface
- Rongai route is considered an excellent alternative to the Marangu route & is less crowded
Join us on this seven-day, guided journey to the top of Africa through the route less taken. We will pick you up on arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport and drive you to your hotel in Moshi. Your journey starts on the second day with a drive from Moshi to Marangu Park Gate.
The trek starts in earnest from the Rongai trailhead. Ascend to the top via Simba Camp, Kikelewa Cave, Mawenzi Tarn Camp and Kibo Hut. Although the Rongai route is flatter than other Mount Kilimanjaro routes, the push to the summit from Kibo Hut is steep and follows the same path taken by those using the Marangu route. Once you have summited the mountain, the descent is made through the Marangu route.
Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please scroll down.
Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by the generous man by the name of Nickson. He honestly couldn't be more welcoming and friendly. He leaded us to the transport. His English was very easy to understand, His driving skills were excellent and we had a great time with him in the car not only upon the arrival but also the departure day
Since this was our first to in Tanzania-Kilimanjaro, I cannot write this review without mentioning the Best guide of all time Bakari and Bryson Not only are they great at their jobs but they are super friendly and insanely polite. Plus, we didn't have one complaint about the food. The food was amazing and for that I would especially point out Kulwa [chef].
In short the whole crew was more than helpful yet made sure we were always ok with everything and anything we needed and they were nice and attentive to us the whole time and few of the crew actually became friends during our course of Kilimanjaro
Along with Ramadhan, He was like the master of all song I can say! He kept the party alive for us during the time we were at the mountain!! It was fun singing and dancing with the crew I promise he could win Kilimanjaro Idol,
Im not saying climbing Kilimanjaro Mountain was easy. Cause honestly it was difficult at some point and challenging but Im saying with the right choice of the company as Kilisa Tours that got great crew makes the whole experience worthy and somehow easy
After the summit we had five days left with to Tanzania and due to the top notch service we had at the mountain we decided to also go on a 3- days safari to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro and a day trip a chemka hot spring after. Nothing went wrong the whole experience was Incredible
Our only real complaint the entire time was that had to leave get back home to get back to our jobs. LOL!
will be ungrateful if I didnt give the special thanks to our guide, porters and cooker from Kilisa Tours without you this couldnt be done. Thank you very much our friends. It was a trip of a lifetime and We were definitely not disappointed, All thanks to Kilisa and I would highly recommend it to you”
The fact that you have returned home with happy memories, thrills us
We always try to provide you a memorable stay and make your experience unforgettable and we are delighted to know we have succeed!
We love to read reviews filled with feelings and love like your! We are so pleased to hear that you really had an amazing experience
We will be very happy to welcome you again
We are delighted to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and we meet your expectations.
It is our intention to offer the great service so that our guests can still enjoy their vacation memories once they are back home.
Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments to our staff which of course have been shared with the entire team.
It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.
They had a lovely team who clearly work very hard and I will defiantly recommend this company to my friends who plan for Kilimanjaro climb
Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a kind review and we are very grateful to your comments ..as they motivate us a lot.
We try to give maximum service to ensure that our service provided is pleasant and we are thrilled we didn't miss the mark
We will love to welcome you again in Tanzania.
Sending love to USA
Day 1: Moshi – Rongai Gate (1,950m) – Simba Camp (2,600m)
Day 2: Simba Camp – Second Cave Camp
Day 3: Second Cave Camp – Kikelewa Cave (3,600m)
Day 4: Kikelewa Cave – Mawenzi Tarn Camp (4,330m)
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp – Kibo Hut (4,700m)
Day 6: Kibo Hut – Uhuru Peak – Horombo Hut
Day 7: Horombo Hut – Marangu Gate – Moshi
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Private pickup and drop-off transport from and to Kilimanjaro International Airport. Transport to & from Kilimanjaro Gate
- 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi & camping during the trek
- 4 season mountain tents & double layered sleeping mats
- National park entry fees & camping charges
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks & porters
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages to the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeter
- Emergency first aid kit
- Government taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- International & domestic flights
- Tanzania visa charges
- Travel insurance
- Lunch, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before & after the climb
- Private flash portable toilet with a portable tent can be rented for USD 100 (to be shared in a group)
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry. You can get your laundry done for extra charges at the hotel
- Tips for guides, porters & cooks
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.