- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Use the leasttravelled route to reach Kilimanjaro Peak
- Cross the Shira Plateau, see the Lava Tower
- Enjoy great views of the sprawling African plains from the top
Drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate and sign up with Kilimanjaro National Park authorities. Head for Mti Mkubwa Camp (2,820m) where you spend your first night. Trek to the top of the mountain via Shira (I and II), Moir, Buffalo and School Hut camps. Summit the mountain on Day 8 and return to Moshi on Day 9.
The most recently opened and longest route to the top of the mountain, the Northern Circuit route takes a minimum of eight to nine days to complete. Starting from Londorossi Gate, this route and follows the same path as the Lemosho route for the first two days. Cross the Shira Plateau, see the Lava Tower and enjoy great views across the sprawling plains of Africa upon reaching the top. For more about this trip, please read the itinerary below.
They run a very competent and professional Kilimanjaro climbing company that supplied us with everything we needed to succeed on our summiting Mount Kilimanjaro hiking the Machame route. Our expectations were regularly exceeded with all aspects of our trip! The food was fantastic, the tents and sleeping bags kept us warm and the charming personalities of the whole team who took much enjoyment in helping us because they clearly love their jobs! We were treated amazingly well.
This is the only company I would use to climb Mount Kilimanjaro again.”
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport arrival and transfer to Moshi
Day 2: Moshi - Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa Camp (2,820m)
Day 3: Mti Mkubwa Camp - Shira Camp I (3,610m)
Day 4: Shira Camp I - Moir Camp (4,200m)
Day 5: Moir Camp - Buffalo Camp (4,020m)
Day 6: Buffalo Camp - Third Cave Camp (3,800m)
Day 7: Third Cave Camp - School Hut Camp (4,800m)
Day 8: School Hut Camp - Kilimanjaro Peak -Millennium Camp
Day 9: Millennium Camp - Mweka Gate (1,640m) - Moshi
Day 10: Moshi departure
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Full board meals during the trek. A lunch box on the first day of the trek
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guides
- Airport pickup and drop off. All transfers as per the itinerary
- Camping equipment (sleeping tents, mess tents, chairs & tables)
- All park and camping fees
- Rescue fees
- An official certificate of achievement
- International flights
- Tanzania visa fees
- Travel insuarance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Personal climbing equipment
- Gratuities to your guide & porter: 15-20% of the total tour price
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.