- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 15
- Use the leasttravelled route to reach Kilimanjaro Peak
- Cross the Shira Plateau, see the Lava Tower
- Enjoy great views of the sprawling African plains from the top
Drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate and sign up with Kilimanjaro National Park authorities. Head for Mti Mkubwa Camp (2,820m) where you spend your first night. Trek to the top of the mountain via Shira (I and II), Moir, Buffalo and School Hut camps. Summit the mountain on Day 8 and return to Moshi on Day 9.
The most recently opened and longest route to the top of the mountain, the Northern Circuit route takes a minimum of eight to nine days to complete. Starting from Londorossi Gate, this route and follows the same path as the Lemosho route for the first two days. Cross the Shira Plateau, see the Lava Tower and enjoy great views across the sprawling plains of Africa upon reaching the top. For more about this trip, please read the itinerary below.
I was recommended Migration and Kili Expedition through a Tanzanian friend, and was blown away by the level of support given by Amos (the director) outside of the actual climb - personally helping me with my onward travel arrangements and other logistical requirements. It really was like being with a close friend and I thank him for that. It made my overall experience in Moshi and the surrounding area something truly memorable.”
As an older lone traveler , journalist and photographer, being explicitly catered to , this experience was way beyond expectations : not just what nature had to offer and my increased understanding and respect for other species, but in my trust of the organizer and guides who showed a responsiveness and intelligence, a depth of caring.”
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport arrival and transfer to Moshi
Day 2: Moshi - Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa Camp (2,820m)
Day 3: Mti Mkubwa Camp - Shira Camp I (3,610m)
Day 4: Shira Camp I - Moir Camp (4,200m)
Day 5: Moir Camp - Buffalo Camp (4,020m)
Day 6: Buffalo Camp - Third Cave Camp (3,800m)
Day 7: Third Cave Camp - School Hut Camp (4,800m)
Day 8: School Hut Camp - Kilimanjaro Peak -Millennium Camp
Day 9: Millennium Camp - Mweka Gate (1,640m) - Moshi
Day 10: Moshi departure
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Full board meals during the trek. A lunch box on the first day of the trek
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guides
- Airport pickup and drop off. All transfers as per the itinerary
- Camping equipment (sleeping tents, mess tents, chairs & tables)
- All park and camping fees
- Rescue fees
- An official certificate of achievement
- International flights
- Tanzania visa fees
- Travel insuarance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Personal climbing equipment
- Gratuities to your guide & porter: 15-20% of the total tour price
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.