- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 7+ years old
- age_requirement 7+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Reach the top of Africa's highest mountain via the Lemosho Route
- Enjoy incredible, panoramic vistas en route
- Spend a night at Crater Camp during descent
This route is less crowded than other routes, making it perfect from first-time trekkers. Also, since it takes more to reach the top through this route, it provides better acclimatization to the climbers, increasing the chances of a successful summit.
Your trek starts on the western side of Kilimanjaro from Londorossi Gate. Continue your journey through the rainforest to reach the Shira Plateau. At this point, the trail moves east to the Lava Tower from where it heads down to the Barranco Valley.
You also get the chance to spend a night in Crater Camp, just below the summit, during descent, which arguably is the most interesting part of this journey. Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
We were a group of 3 people from France, who made the 7-day ascent of the Lemosho route - descent Mweka Kilimanjaro Trek.
Climbing Kilimanjaro under the Kilisa circuits was fabulous because we really had a great experience and we got the best service. Naick, who is the owner of the company, contacted us all the time and the communication was easy as he made all the logistical arrangements and the price was absolutely reasonable in addition
This trip exceeded my expectations
Everything was well planned, from arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfers to the hotel and back and of course the duration of the trek
The route that we chose is very picturesque each day presented different sites. And this route helped us acclimatize to the high altitude and increased our chances of success before trying to Uhuru Peak.
The food was delicious and varied every day, served with fruits and vegetables, including coffee and tea. I couldn't believe how creative the chef was at producing hot food on the mountain.
In general, we could not have asked for a better guide and a better team than those in Kilisa
The hike was great, it was a great success to stand at the top and we could not have done it without the support of this team
we were strong and fit and for that we finished the hike a day earlier. And even after the hike, Naick was kind enough to invite us home and had dinner with his family
It made for a truly remarkable experience.
We had a great trip to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and even after.
I would highly recommend this company without any hesitation.”
We would like to thank you for your well detailed and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of our company
We are also thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we made this whole experience remarkable to you [we take pride for that]
while, we're so appreciative for your gratitude ..
Many thanks for recommendation
They had a lovely team who clearly work very hard and I will defiantly recommend this company to my friends who plan for Kilimanjaro climb
Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a kind review and we are very grateful to your comments ..as they motivate us a lot.
We try to give maximum service to ensure that our service provided is pleasant and we are thrilled we didn't miss the mark
We will love to welcome you again in Tanzania.
Sending love to USA
We arrived to check in early, meet the group we were sharing the experience with and they were awesome, got geared up and then started our adventure
We did the 6-days trek via the Machame route which is a very beautiful scenery and it was worthy every minute. The landscapes are really amazing. The hiking is tough but thanks to the guides who were fantastic and reassuring and did put our minds at ease and answered questions while gave information every step of the way.
The porters were Incredible
Fresh, delicious meals everyday made the adventure even better. And shout out to our chef Juma a.k.a Mama Mayoo, lol thats was what we were told to call him
The WHOLE CREW were friendly and experienced had so much energy and they made everything funny and exciting! [They seem genuinely glad to be of service to you] as they provided a great experience for us. They made my daughter feel like a queen and went above and beyond their role and made us feel relaxed and comfortable with the whole trek
definitely worth every penny
The best part was the experience, because this is really a lifetime experience that we will not forget. We highly recommend this event for those seeking a safe, but breath-taking, experience in Kilimanjaro mountain Climb.”
I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a valued guest. I am so happy to see that you had enjoyed your experience with Kilisa tours Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff
It is always so nice to receive such feedback as we work hard to ensure that our guest have lovely experience with us
Your opinion is of great value to us as we constantly strive to improve our services year by year.
experience holiday here with us.
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa – Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp – Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak
Day 8: Crater Camp – Mweka Camp
Day 9: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Meals: 8 breakfast, 8 lunch and 8 dinner
- Transport: Private transport to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi. Transportation to and from Moshi to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate
- Accommodation: 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi (1 night before & 1 night after the trip). Accommodation in camps during the climb as per the itinerary
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- Park entry fees & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Government taxes. 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double-layered sleeping mats
- Treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oxygen meter
- An emergency first aid kit
- All flights
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Tips for guides, cooks and porters
- Lunch, dinner & drinks at your hotel in Moshi before and after the climb
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.