- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Reach the top of Africa's highest mountain via the Lemosho Route
- Enjoy incredible, panoramic vistas en route
- Spend a night at Crater Camp during descent
This route is less crowded than other routes, making it perfect from first-time trekkers. Also, since it takes more to reach the top through this route, it provides better acclimatization to the climbers, increasing the chances of a successful summit.
Your trek starts on the western side of Kilimanjaro from Londorossi Gate. Continue your journey through the rainforest to reach the Shira Plateau. At this point, the trail moves east to the Lava Tower from where it heads down to the Barranco Valley.
You also get the chance to spend a night in Crater Camp, just below the summit, during descent, which arguably is the most interesting part of this journey. Please note that the tour price also includes two night's accommodation in Moshi, one night each before and after the climb. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Their guides are professional and speak very good English! I owe my success summit Kilimanjaro to Bakari, Daniel, who made sure that we are comfortable at each stage. Special mention to the food provided during the trek- it was both delicious and healthy.
The prices are the best and camping was to our satisfaction. Naick the owner did utmost to answer all our questions and advised correctly. They made sure we had a Memorable life time experience.”
We would like to thank you for your friendly comment. We are happy you had good experience with Kilisa's team and you had a memorable life time experience "as said" and we're way too thrilled to hear that
Hope to see you again soon
My husband and I feel like we went with appropriate expectations about the degree of comfort we were likely to encounter on the trip
We had really good guides and support! while, our cook made sure to cook the way we requested and we were always satisfied. I still find it hard to imagine the courage, the strength and patience with which the whole team got through each day with huge smiles
I suffered on the summit night gladly I had attitude sickness medication,our Guide was patient and had great empathy for Usand will always be grateful to the guys for looking after us so well,
After our climb, we went on a 3 days Camping safari drive to the Serengeti and Ngoro Ngoro crater. Once again, the level of service was just Incredible. Our guide Bakari was knowledgeable and flexible and managed to find all the big 5 for us. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime Bakari would drive long drives, then still have the energy to set up our tents...
I cannot speak more highly of this company as It was very affordable and they provided great service and would recommend booking with them if you are thinking of trekking Kilimanjaro or go on a safari.”
Thank you very much for your heart warming comments. I am happy that you had amazing Kilimanjaro Climb and great safari experience 'Trip of a Lifetime"
Thank you very much for your recommendation
Plus, I will pass on your motivating words to the rest of the team, and hope to see you back soon.
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa – Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp – Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak
Day 8: Crater Camp – Mweka Camp
Day 9: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Meals: 8 breakfast, 8 lunch and 8 dinner
- Transport: Private transport to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi. Transportation to and from Moshi to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate
- Accommodation: 2 nights' accommodation in Moshi (1 night before & 1 night after the trip). Accommodation in camps during the climb as per the itinerary
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- Park entry fees & camping fees
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- Government taxes. 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 4 season mountain tents
- Double-layered sleeping mats
- Treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Portable oxygen tanks & oxygen meter
- An emergency first aid kit
- All flights
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Tips for guides, cooks and porters
- Lunch, dinner & drinks at your hotel in Moshi before and after the climb
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.