Mt. Kilimanjaro - Umbwe route, 8 days
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 12-69 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Tour Code BM-677
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, Tanzanian
- Uhuru Peak
- Stella Point
- Umbwe Camp
- Barranco Wall
It is one of the shortest routes of Kili, frequently chosen by the groups who like “classic” routes, but do not favor overcrowded Machame. The climb starts at 1600 m point and traverses all climatic zones of Kilimanjaro. It is not frequented by travelers, but it is comparatively inexpensive. Climbers with good physical preparation may like.
Kindly note, that this route has great views but it is the most difficult way to reach the summit. Altitude acclimatization is not good due to the rapid ascent. Hence, it is recommended only to experienced hikers in good physical shape.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: From Umbwe Gate to Umbwe Camp
Day 3: From Umbwe Camp to Barranco Camp
Day 4: From Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 5: From Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 6: From Barafu Camp to Uhuru Peak and down to Millennium
Day 7: From Millennium Camp to Mweka Gate
Day 8: Departure
- Meeting at Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to Aishi Machame Hotel
- Accommodation at Aishi Machame Hotel prior to the climb (sharing a twin/double room, including breakfast)
- Transfer to Umbwe Gate
- Professional mountain crew. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing
- Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- 3 square meals daily during the climb. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; vegetarian, non-lactose, gluten-free options available
- Modern tents "The North Face" VE 25 / 2-Meter Dome Tent
- Briefing with English-speaking support team before the start of the ascent
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Modern The North Face VE-25 tents (2 climbers share 1 tent)
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (4 inches thick)
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel
- Accommodation after the climb at Aishi Machame Hotel (sharing a twin/double room, including breakfast)
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Portable toilet
- Portable shower
- Private tent
- Extra Porter Services
- Extended meal plan
- VIP Lounge at JRO (arrival)
- VIP Lounge JRO (departure)
- Airline tickets
- Visa fees
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the climb)
- Personal gear
- Tips for the mountain crew (200–250 USD per climber)
- Mountaineering insurance. You'll need special insurance for climbing Kilimanjaro which covers high-altitude trekking up to 6000 m
- Earn US$ 78+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationKindly note, that this route has great views but it is one of the most difficult ways to reach the summit. Altitude acclimatization is not good due to the rapid ascent. Hence, it is recommended only to experienced hikers in good physical shape.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?