- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stand atop the world's highest freestanding mountain.
- Take in all the stunning scenery while hiking.
- Use an extra day to acclimatize.
Experience the splendour of Kili with an extra day on your trek to acclimatize to the summit of Africa's highest peak. Considered by many to be the most scenic path to the summit, the Machame boasts different routes to the summit and back. Known as the "Whiskey Route" because of the tougher challenge it poses, this path leads you through magnificent forests before traversing a ridge leading through moorland to the Shira Plateau. It offers beautiful scenery beneath the glaciated precipices of the southern ice fields before summiting from the higher Barafu Camp. Camp along the route with support from local guides and porters. As a world leader in Kili treks, we'll take you to new heights in adventure!
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Moshi/Machame camp
Day 3: Machame camp/Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp/Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp/Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp/Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu Camp/Mweka Camp
Day 8: Mweka/Moshi
Day 9: Moshi
- Simple hotels (2 nts), full-service alpine camping (6 nts).
8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD70-95 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, trekking.
- Certified mountain guide throughout, local representative, cook, porters.
- Your G for Good Moment: Moshi Women's Cooperative Visit, Moshi
- 7-day guided group trek up Mt Kilimanjaro's Machame Route with local guides, cooks, and porters
- Additional acclimatization day during ascent
- All permits and fees
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (9 Days) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 119 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 79 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 16 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (9 Days) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (9 Days) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 5 - ChallengingSerious high-altitude hikes, cycling, or other instances of heavy exercise. Come prepared to sweat a bit.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.