Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (8 Days)
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Self-guided
- Tour Code BM-4872
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Conquer Africa's highest peak.
- Witness the curvature of the earth.
- Trek past verdant forests and silent glaciers.
- Watch sunrise from Uhuru Peak.
Possibly the most scenic route to the summit, Machame boasts several paths to its highest point and back. En route to Uhuru, emerge onto high-alpine deserts with amazing views of ice fields and the peak of Mt Kilimanjaro! Known as the "Whiskey Route" because of the tougher challenge, this path leads you through magnificent forests before traversing a ridge leading through moorland to the Shira Plateau. It offers great scenery beneath the glaciated precipices of the southern ice fields before summiting from the higher Barafu Camp. Camp along the route with support from local guides and porters. As a world leader in Kili treks, we'll take you to new heights in adventure!
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Moshi/Machame camp
Day 3: Machame camp/Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp/Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp/Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp/Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp/Moshi
Day 8: Moshi
- Simple hotels (2 nts), full-service alpine camping (5 nts).
7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD70-95 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, trekking.
- Certified mountain guide throughout, local representative, cook, porters.
- Your G for Good Moment: Moshi Women's Cooperative Visit, Moshi
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- 6-day guided group trek up Mt Kilimanjaro's Machame Route with local guides, cooks and porters
- All permits and fees
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (8 Days) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 85+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (8 Days) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (8 Days) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Machame Route (8 Days) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?