- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Kibo and Mawenzi Viewpoints
- Uhuru Peak
- Stella Point
Marangu route is one of the most popular on Mount Kilimanjaro, and the only one where the climbers can rest in the huts with bunk beds (not in tents). This helps to somewhat reduce the cost of the climb, as no tents and, therefore, fewer porters are needed. Besides, some might feel more comfortable sleeping in a hut rather than in a tent when it rains.
This well-trodden trail starts at 1,860 m in the tropical rainforest and features beautiful views of the south-eastern slope of Kilimanjaro.
Marangu route advantages:
- Affordability of the climb. Marangu route is the only one providing a unique fusion of wallet-friendly trekking and successful summiting chances.
- The route covers all climate zones of Tanzania from tropical forests to ice slopes of the Kibo glaciers.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: From Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut
Day 3: From Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
Day 4: From Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
Day 5: From Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak and down to Horombo Hut
Day 6: From Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate
Day 7: Departure
- Meeting at Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to Aishi Machame Hotel
- Accommodation at Aishi Machame Hotel prior to the climb (sharing a twin/double room, including breakfast
- Transfer to the trailhead
- Professional mountain crew. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing
- Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- 3 square meals daily during the climb. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; vegetarian, non-lactose, gluten-free options available
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Accommodation in special huts during the trek (huts can be shared with other hikers depending on availability of free huts)
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (4 inches thick)
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel
- Accommodation after the climb at Aishi Machame Hotel (sharing a twin/double* room, including breakfast)
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport
- Extra Porter Services
- Extended meals
- VIP Lounge at JRO (arrival)
- VIP Lounge JRO (departure)
- Airline tickets
- Visa fee
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the climb)
- Personal gear
- Support team tips (200-250 USD per climber)
- Mountaineering insurance. You'll need special insurance for climbing Kilimanjaro which covers high-altitude trekking up to 6000 m
- Save US$ 91 today.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWe recommend this program only to professional hikers, as the 5-day option does not provide sufficient acclimatization for beginners. The success rate of the 5-day Marangu route is 45%. A 6-day option is recommended instead. Not recommended for the children