- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Reach Uhuru peak
- Shira Plateau Panoramic Overview
- Kibo and Mawenzi viewpoints
- Lava Tower
The starting point of the route, Machame Gate, is only a 20-minute drive from Aishi Machame Hotel, where you will stay before and after the trek. Camps along the trek are favorably located for a smooth and gradual acclimatization transition process. On the 3rd day, Machame Route converges with Lemosho and Umbwe routes at Barranco camp.
Book now for an exciting, climb up Kilmanjaro. We take care of everything from transportation to guides, gear, permits, and food during the trip.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Trek Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Day 3: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 4: Shira Camp to Lava Tower and Descent
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 7: Ascent to Uhuru Peak and Descent to Millennium Camp
Day 8: Millennium Camp to Mweka Gate
Day 9: Departure
- All transfers, including to/from airport, hotel(s) and trailhead
- Accommodation at Aishi Machame Hotel prior to and after the trek (sharing a twin/double room, including breakfast)
- Professional mountain crew. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing
- Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits & rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- Full-board meals during the climb. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of meat, fresh fruit, and vegetables; vegetarian, non-lactose, gluten-free options available.
- First-aid kit, oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- Modern The North Face VE-25 tents (2 climbers share 1 tent)
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (4 inches thick)
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Portable toilet
- Portable shower
- Private tent
- Personal Porter Services
- Extended meal plan
- VIP Lounge at JRO (arrival)
- VIP Lounge JRO (departure)
- Airline tickets
- Visa Fees
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the climb)
- Personal gear
- Tips for the mountain crew
- Mountaineering insurance. You'll need special insurance for climbing Kilimanjaro which covers high-altitude trekking up to 6000 m
- Earn US$ 87+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWe recommend this program for novices and amateurs. Participants need not have climbed before but good overall health and physical condition are recommended. During the trek, and to prevent altitude sickness, we recommend you abstain from consuming alcohol and caffeine, drink over 4 liters of bottled water daily (little by little, frequently), take a Diamox pill to help alleviate symptoms of altitude sickness. Most mountain climbers take Diamox in the morning, before they start their ascent, in order to reduce discomfort associated with altitude sickness. We recommend you consult your doctor prior to the trip in case of potential allergies. At night you may experience discomfort associated with acclimatization to the high altitude: because of a reduction in your waking breathing pattern, your body gets less oxygen than during the day. Taking altitude into account, you may therefore start feeling sick and have a headache. Pay attention to your own body and tell your guide if you start feeling any symptoms of altitude sickness. Tips are not included in the trip. We recommend 200–250 USD per participant to the entire climbing team.