- Getaways and short breaks
- Active and outdoor
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mount Meru: not far away from Mount Kilimanjaro is its smaller counterpart, Mount Meru, which at 4565 metres is still a feat to conquer and is Africa’s fifth highest peak.
Join our five-day soft adventure tour! Our Mount Meru Climbing itinerary will take you up to the summit of this magnificent mountain, whilst also giving you the opportunity to spot wildlife on its lower slopes. The views are stunning: the cliffs of the Crater rim, the Ash Cone rising from the crater floor, Kilimanjaro floating on the morning clouds, and the Rift Valley. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing. At the end of the tour, you will receive an International certificate for a successful ascent!
Day 1: Arrival Kilimanjaro International Airport – Moshi (40km – 1hr)
Day 2: Moshi – Momella Gate / Miriakamba Hut (hiking 10km – 4/5hrs)
Day 3: Miriakamba Hut – Saddle Hut (hiking 5km – 3/4hrs)
Day 4: Saddle Hut / Socialist Peak / Momella Gate Descent (hiking 16 Km – 12/14hrs) – Moshi
Day 5: Moshi – Departure Kilimanjaro (40km – 1hr)
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation
- 2 night’s alpine hut accommodation (shared for solo travellers)
- Camping/hut fees
- Modern the North Face VE-25 tents
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- 3 square meals daily on the mountain
- The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; water, tea and coffee
- Breakfasts at the hotel before and after the ascent
- Arrival and departure private transfer in an air-conditioning vehicle from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Private transfer to the trailhead
- Transfer to the hotel
- Operated with English- and German-speaking professional mountain crew
- All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing
- *There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Hike from Momella Gate to Miriakimba Hut (Day 2); Hike from Miriakimba Hut to Saddle Hut (Day 3); Hike from Saddle Hut to Socialist Peak and Descent to Momella Gate (Day 4)
- Meet & Greet at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage)
- Arusha National Park permits
- Arusha National Park rescue fees
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Accommodation on the mountain is based on sharing Alpine Huts. Single accommodation is not possible on the Mountain for this programme
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the ascent)
- Tips for the mountain crew
- Personal gear rentals
- Mountaineering insurance
- Expanded ration, which means a wider choice of products in the mountains
- The North Face sleeping bags (comfort −18°C / extreme −34°C
- Iridium 9575 Extreme satellite phone. Uninterrupted contact with our support team
- Portable toilet and shower (not permitted on Mount Meru)
- Mountaineering insurance up to 6,000 meters by World Nomads
- Flight insurance by AMREF Flying Doctors
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mount Meru Route, Silver Level Climb tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mount Meru Route, Silver Level Climb tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mount Meru Route, Silver Level Climb tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.