- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 8+ years old
- age_requirement 8+ years old
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, via Machame Route
- Traverse the Shira Plateau
- See sunrise from Stella Point
- Dedicated and professional staff including a chef to prepare meals each day
Enjoy beautiful, varied scenery along the way as you hike through the five climate zones of the mountain. Although this is a comparatively short route to the top of the mountain, you will mostly walk high and sleep low during your journey to decrease the chance of altitude sickness. Plus, it does not take any technical climbing skill to climb the mountain via this route.
The Machame Route is a great option for anyone with previous hiking experience. Traveling with you will be our team led by an experienced climbing guide who will help you in each and every step along the way.
Bring your gear, enthusiasm and your smile - we’ve got the rest! For more details, please scroll down.
Day 1: Moshi – Machame Gate – Machame Camp
Day 2: Machame Camp – Shira 2 Camp
Day 3: Shira 2 Camp – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp – Barafu Camp
Day 5: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Camp
Day 6: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- All meals. Boiled water on Mount Kilimanjaro
- A dedicated, exclusive mountain crew for you and your teammates
- The climbing crew consists of an experienced mountain guide (2 guides for more than three travelers), a waiter (serves you food & supplies fresh water), a cook & porters (3 porters per traveler)
- Accommodation as per the itinerary. Two nights' accommodation at the Springlands Hotel on a twin or a triple room basis (one night each before and after your climb)
- National park fees, hut/camping fees & rescue fees
- Tents, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, tables & chairs
- 18% VAT
- Airport pickup
- Airport dropoff
- Plant a tree after the climb
- International/domestic flights
- Tanzania visa fees (USD100 per person to be paid at the airport)
- Travel insurance
- Personal climbing equipment, like sleeping bags, backpack, hiking poles & gloves
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Tips for guides, porters, waiter & cook
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTanzania has two wet seasons, from March to May and November to December. Dry seasons last from June to October and January to February. However, once in the mountain, you will face a multitude of climate conditions regardless of the season. This is due to the five distinct climate zones on Mount Kilimanjaro.