- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Take the challenging 7Day Rongai, the most beautiful and unspoiled route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for nearly the entire way. Descent is made via the Marangu route.
Day 1: Rongai start point (1996m) – Simba Camp (2626m)
Day 2: Day 2 Simba Camp (2626m) – Kikelewa Camp (3679m)
Day 3: Kikelewa Cave (3679m) – Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m)
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn Camp
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m) – Kibo hut (4730m)
Day 6: Kibo hut –Uhuru Peak (5895m)–Horombo hut (3705m)
Day 7: Horombo hut (3705m) – Marangu Gate (1860m)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Moshi (before and after climb)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Save US$ 77+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.