Marangu Route -Kilimanjaro Trekking
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10-75 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Tour Code BM-5597
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Marangu Route, with its gradual slope, is favored by many climbers
- Uhuru Peak is the highest point of mighty Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Beautiful landscapes and stunning views of sunrise
The trek starts from the gate of Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park, about 50-minute drive from your hotel. The Marangu route passes through rainforests (which teems with birds and colobus and other monkeys), alpine meadows and lush vegetation (with giant lobelias and senecios) until you reach the snowy summit. At some spots along the route, you will have magnificent views of snow-laden peaks of Kilimanjaro, Kibo and Mawenzi.
Mt. Kilimanjaro climbing is composed of a number of crew which includes the chief guide, assistant guide, cook and porters. This professional group has undergone extensive training to ensure the safety and comfort of climbers during the challenging trek.
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport- Moshi
Day 2: Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Marangu Gate, Hike
Day 3: Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
Day 4: Hike Kibo Hut to Summit, and down to Horombo Hut
Day 5: y 5 : Hike Horombo Hut to trail head, drive to Moshi
- Full briefing before the trek
- All park and camping fees
- Camping equipment (sleeping tents, mess tents, chairs & tables)
- Rescue fees
- Food (3 meals per day)
- Salaries (guide, cooks, porters)
- Transport to and from the mountain for yourselves and the crew
- Lunch box for the first day
- Administration fees
- Certificates of achievement
- Two-way airport transfer
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Additional personal equipment
- Gratuities (15-20% of the total cost)
- Additional activities for after the climb - e.g. safari, waterfall visit, massage etc.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Are all taxes and expenses included in the price?
The tour price is inclusive of all taxes. About the expenses, it depends on the type of expenses. Personal expenses, additional activities not in the “what’s included” section, alcoholic drinks, etc are not included in the price. Please read over the what’s included and what's excluded sections for more details.
- Will there be oxygen available on this Marangu Route tour?
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?