The Machame route traverses the southwest side of Kilimanjaro passing underneath the Lava tower and the final section of the Western breach and finally reach camp at Barranco camp. We will then proceed onto Barranco, into the Karanga valley, to Barafu, Stella point and finally reach Uhuru peak, Mt Kilimanjaro's highest peak at 5,895 m. For more details, please see the itinerary tab.
If you are reasonably fit and can walk up to 7 hours a day, you can do this trip. We will make sure that an experienced guide and porters accompany you, ensuring your safety.
Day 2 - Machame Camp to Shira Camp (3840 m)
Day 3 - Shira Camp to Barannco Camp (3900 m)
Day 4 - Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp (4000 m)
Day 5 - Karanga Camp to Barafu camp (4600 m)
Day 6 - Overnight summit to Uhuru peak(5895) / retrun to Barafu for a brief rest and proceed to Mweka Camp
Day 7 - Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate where you meet tour bus that takes you to Moshi Town
- 1 professional mountain guide
- Assistant guides/porters
- Park fees
- Camping fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Camping Equipment (2 person sleeping tents,mattress,stools,table,mess tent,cutlery)
- First aid kit
- Transport to & from Moshi town.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation pre & post trek in Moshi town.
- Airport transfers to/from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Items of personal nature
- Travel visa to Tanzania
- International flight tickets to Tanzania
- Drinks and beverages
- Travel insurance
- Personal hiking gears(sleeping bag, duffle bags, clothing)