- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Machame offers the best route for acclimatization
- Fantastic views of natural scenery and snowcapped peaks
- Ascent to Uhuru Peak, the highest point on African continent
- Higher probability of making it to the summit
The 6-day Machame route offers a unique experience to test your physical fitness and mental prowess. However, our professional crew will be there to help you have a smooth climb and a great adventure. The route takes you through thick forests, where colobus monkeys and other animals can be spotted, into heath and moorland, until you reach the snowy caps of the summit.
From your hotel in Moshi, you will be driven to the Mount Kilimanjaro National Park gate, where the trek begins. Overnights on the Machame route will be in tents.
They run a very competent and professional Kilimanjaro climbing company that supplied us with everything we needed to succeed on our summiting Mount Kilimanjaro hiking the Machame route. Our expectations were regularly exceeded with all aspects of our trip! The food was fantastic, the tents and sleeping bags kept us warm and the charming personalities of the whole team who took much enjoyment in helping us because they clearly love their jobs! We were treated amazingly well.
This is the only company I would use to climb Mount Kilimanjaro again.”
Day 1: Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Day 2: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 3: Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 5: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Hut
Day 6: •Mweka Camp to Moshi
- Full briefing before the trek
- All park and camping fees
- Camping equipment (sleeping tents, mess tents, chairs & tables)
- Rescue fees
- Food (3 meals per day)
- Salaries (guide, cooks, porters)
- Transport to and from the mountain for yourselves and the crew
- Lunch box for the first day
- Administration fees
- Certificates of achievement
- Two-way airport transfer
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Additional personal equipment
- Gratuities (15-20% of the total cost)
- Additional activities after the climb - e.g. safari, waterfall visit, massage etc.
- With regards to gratuities, as the company we recommend 15-20% of the total cost for your Mountain climbing Expedition
- Save US$ 51+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.