- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Entrance ticket or transfer
- Enjoy the beautiful views as Lemosho is considered the most scenic route on Kilimanjaro
- Experience the solitude and low traffic on this route to Kilimanjaro
- You have a higher probability of making it to the summit on this route
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge.
Unlike the popular Machame route, which simply intersects the Shira Plateau, the Lemosho route crosses the entirety of the plain from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. An added bonus is that climbers will encounter low traffic until the route joins the Machame route. Afterwards, Lemosho follows the same route through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, known as the southern circuit. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
Please refer to the itinerary section for more details.
Even though it was very tough for us, we felt like the queens of Mount Kilimanjaro because of the great service.
Trekking on Mount Kilimanjaro was an Amazing experience!
I would Definitely recommend Migration Venture Africa for other Climbers”
Day 1: Moshi – Starting point – Mkubwa camp (2,780 m)
Day 2: Mkubwa camp (2,780 m) – Shira Camp 2 (3,900 m)
Day 3: Shira Camp 2 (3,900 m) – Lava Tower (4,640 m) – Barranc
Day 4: Shira Camp 2 (3,900 m) – Lava Tower (4,640 m) – Barran
Day 5: Barranco Camp (3,960 m) – Karanga Camp (4,035 m)
Day 6: Karanga Camp (4,035 m) – Barafu Camp (4,640 m)
Day 7: Barafu Camp (4,640 m) – Uhuru Peak (5,895 m) – Mweka Ca
Day 8: Mweka Camp (3,080 m) – Mweka Gate (1,630 m) – Moshi
- Full briefing before your trip
- All fees: park, crew park, camping, administration and rescue
- Food - 3 meals a day while on the mountain (lunch box on the first day)
- Guide, cooks, porters plus their salaries
- Airport transfer - 2 way (complimentary)
- Transport to and from the mountain for yourselves and the crew
- All camping equipment like sleeping tent, mess tent, camping chairs and table
- Certificate of achievement
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Additional personal equipment
- Additional activities for after the climb e.g. safaris, waterfall visit, massage etc
- Gratuities (we recommend 15-20%)
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.