- duration 6 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Known as the "CocaCola" route
- One of the more popular routes to Mount Kilimanjaro
- Beautiful views from some of the finest parts of the mountain
- The only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations
Many favour the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path.
Marangu is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut. Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut.
Day 1: Airport Pickup
Day 2: National Park Marangu Gate, Hike to Mandara Hut
Day 3: Hike Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
Day 4: Hike Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
Day 5: Hike Kibo Hut to Summit, and down to Horombo Hut
Day 6: Hike Horombo Hut to trail head, drive to Moshi
- Transfer from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Two night accommodation (one night before climb and one night after Climb) B/B
- Professional & experienced mountain guides
- All park entrance fees
- Rescue fees in mountain
- Three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner & mineral water)
- Salaries to the guides, cooks and porters
- Government Tax
- Tent, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment’s eating utensils
- Oximeters are available upon request
- Tips for guides, cook and porters
- ALTOX Personal oxygen System
- Tanzania Visa on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.