- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Follow a lessertrekked path up Kilimanjaro
- The most beautiful and unspoiled route
This route meets up with the Marangu route upon decent, allowing climbers a different view of the mountain on the way down.
Although Rongai climbers do not experience the rain forest on day one, they are given the chance on the final day of the trek before reaching the Marangu Gate where the climb concludes.
We highly recommend the Rongai route and are looking forward to provide you with a fantastic climbing experience in Tanzania.
Day 1: Moshi to Rongai Cave Camp (2,600m)
Day 2: Trek from Rongai Cave to Kikelewa Cave (3,600m)
Day 3: Hike from Kikelewa Camp to Mawenzi Tarn (4,330m)
Day 4: Acclimatize and rest day at Mawenzi Tarn (4,330m)
Day 5: Hike from Mawenzi Tarn to Kibo Camp Site (4,750m)
Day 6: Trek to Uhuru Peak (5,895m) to Horombo Camp (3,720m)
Day 7: Trek to Marangu Gate and drive to Moshi
- 1 professional mountain guide
- Assistant guides/porters
- Park fees
- Camping fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Camping Equipment (2 person sleeping tents,mattress,stools,table,mess tent,cutlery)
- First aid kit
- Transport to & from Moshi town.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation pre & post trek in Moshi town.
- Airport transfers to/from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Items of personal nature
- Travel visa to Tanzania
- International flight tickets to Tanzania
- Drinks and beverages
- Travel insurance
- Personal hiking gears(sleeping bag, duffle bags, clothing)
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.