Kilimanjaro - Machame Route & Zanzibar Adventure
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-18660
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Conquer Africa's highest peak.
- Trek past verdant forests and silent glaciers.
- Watch sunrise from Stella Point.
- Explore Stone Town — a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take in the aromas on a spice plantation tour.
- Relax on a tropical beach.
- Show more
Cross another item off your travel to-do list and do it in style with this 12-day Kilimanjaro combo tour. After you conquer African's highest point with the help of your CEO (Chief Experience Officer) and trusted guides (with tons of incredible views and vistas captured along the way), you'll head to Zanzibar and learn about local flavours at a spice plantation. There's plenty of free time at the paradisiacal beaches of Zanzibar, with options to scuba dive, snorkel, or simply enjoy some hard-earned R&R.
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Moshi/Machame camp
Day 3: Machame camp/Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp/Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp/Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp/Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp/Moshi
Day 8: Moshi/Stone Town
Day 9: Beach day in Zanzibar
Day 10 - 11: Beach day in Zanzibar
Day 12: Stone Town
- Simple hotels (6 nts), full-service alpine camping (5 nts).
11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD170-225 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, trekking, plane, walking.
- Kilimanjaro portion: Certified mountain guide throughout (CEO), local representative, cook, porters. Zanzibar portion: CEO (Chief Experience Officer), local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Moshi Women's Cooperative Visit, Moshi
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- 6-day guided group trek up Mt Kilimanjaro's Machame Route with local guides, cooks and porters
- All permits and fees
- Scenic flight from Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar
- Orientation walk in Stone Town
- Spice plantation guided tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Moshi and from Stone Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro - Machame Route & Zanzibar Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Machame Route & Zanzibar Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 August 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 August 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Machame Route & Zanzibar Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Machame Route & Zanzibar Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?