- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Size up mighty Mt Kilimanjaro from the lush tropical surrounds of Marangu, as you prepare to ascend the incredible mountain with the help of an experienced climber.
- Travel with experienced guides and porters. You'll be in great hands – with one guide for every two passengers – so all you’ll have to worry about is soaking up the scenery and keeping your footing!
- Kilimanjaro’s changing scenery – magnificent rainforests and highalpine deserts to ice fields and vast glaciers – is all on display as you tackle the trails to the top of Africa.
- Catch a dazzling African sunrise from Stella Point on your way to summit Africa's highest mountain peak – definitely a rewarding experience after an early wakeup call!
Embark on a nine-day Lonely Planet Experience trekking the challenging Machame Route to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro – Africa's highest point. At high altitude, it's an epic journey through varied terrain of lowland forest and dry mountain desert. With local guides and porters making your hike that much easier, set up camp at night and soak up all the incredible scenery along the way. Then at the very top of Uhuru Peak, rising 5896 metres above sea level, feel the exhilaration and sense of achievement as you marvel at the incredible views and consider what you’ve just accomplished. Congratulations – you’ve hit the peak of Kilimanjaro.
Barafu Camp / Uhuru Peak
Uhuru Peak / Millennium Camp or Mweka Camp
- Camping (with basic facilities) (6 nights), Hotel (2 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- An expert tour leader
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Trek Briefing
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Complimentary equipment hire (sleeping bag and walking poles) - must be requested at time of booking
- Fully catered trek including National Park entrance fees, climbing fee, tented camps with toilet tent & rescue services (7 days)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Porterage of 1 bag (9kg/20lb max)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Emergency oxygen and comprehensive first aid kits
- Moshi - Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro: Machame Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro: Machame Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro: Machame Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro: Machame Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- A good level of fitness is required to join this tour. While the distances covered are not far, the effects of altitude will make it much harder than the usual uphill hike.
- To allow for your body to adjust to the altitude the going will be slow. The speed of the hiking may be much slower than you are use too. However, we have found that this slow speed allows your body’s reserve levels to remain higher plus also allows for your body to adjust to the altitude as you walk.
- Tried and tested all-purpose hiking equipment is required. Night-time temperatures can get very cold above 3500m so warm clothing and sleeping bag is essential. Hiring of equipment/sleeping bag is also possible.
- Your safety comes first. All our guides and trek leaders have been trained by independent, UK-based medical specialists and are proficient in first aid. They also carry oxygen cylinders on all treks for emergency use.
- Be prepared for dusty and therefore dirty conditions. It can be tough going hiking for continuous days without a shower. A dust mask, wet wipes and face washer may become your best friends.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers