- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- age_requirement 5+ years old
- Reaching the summit of Kilimanjaro
- The entire climb up Kilimanjaro is rewarding
The Machame route is also known as the Whiskey route, given its reputation for being a tough climb, in contrast to the easier Marangu route, which is known as the Coca Cola route. Unlike the gradual incline and hut accommodations found on the Marangu Route, the climbers on Machame hike steeper trails, for longer distances, while sleeping in tents.
Despite it being a little more difficult it is highly recommended because it provides a fantastic trail and great views along the way. We are looking very to taking you on a trip of a lifetime.
Day 1: Arrival to Moshi
Day 2: Machame Gate - Machame Camp
Day 3: Machame Camp - Shira Camp
Day 4: Shira to Barranco Camp via Lava tower
Day 5: Barranco Camp - Barafu Camp
Day 6: Summit Day - Barafu Camp - Uhuru Peak - Mweka
Day 7: Mweka Camp - Mweka Gate
Day 8: Return home, Safari or Zanzibar
- 2 Nights accommodation at Mountain Inn on half board basis sharing
- Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) conservation/ entry fees
- KINAPA compulsory rescue fees
- Hut fees
- Light dome tent per person sharing
- Camping stools, camping table and mess tent
- KINAPA trained and certified English speaking guides
- KINAPA trained and certified porters and porter-chef
- All meals on the mountain on full board basis
- 1 transfer per group from Moshi to Park gates
- 1 transfer per group from Park gates to Moshi
- Safe and luggage storage room at Mountain Inn
- Tips / gratuities
- Mountain Equipment such as walking poles, gaiters, hiking boots etc.
- Any items of a personal nature such as beverages, laundry, visas, insurance etc.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.