- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lemosho route Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 7 day ascent Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
Challenge yourself on this iconic trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895m), the highest point in Africa, following the less-used and scenic Lemosho route. Relax after the trek staying at a stylish lodge on the shores of the Indian Ocean on the exotic spice island of Zanzibar. 7 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation Wild camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations Zanzibar - Relax by the beach and explore the winding alleyways of the island's historic capital Stone Town
His attention to detail was amazing.”
Day 1 : Join trip Moshi
Day 2 : Trek from Lemosho Glades to Big Tree Forest Camp (2,780m)
Day 3 : Walk across grassy moorland to Shira One Camp (3,500m)
Day 4 : Walk through upland desert to Shira Two Camp (3,900m)
Day 5 : Trek via Lava Tower (4640m) to Barranco (3,960m)
Day 6 : Trek Karanga Camp (4,035m) via the Barranco Wall
Day 7 : Trek across compacted scree to Barafu Camp (4,640m)
Day 8 : Kilimanjaro summit ascent (5,895m); descend to Millennium Camp (3,790m)
Day 9 : Descend through rainforest to Mweka Gate (1,630m); drive to Moshi
Day 10 : Fly to Zanzibar; drive to beach resort at Matemwe
Day 11 : In Matemwe, optional activities include snorkelling, mountain biking, scuba diving or dhow cruise
Day 12 : Drive to Stone Town, optional walking tour
Day 13 : In Stone Town, optional tour to spice plantations
Day 14 : Trip ends in Stone Town
- 4 nights comfortable lodge
- 7 nights simple camping
- 2 nights comfortable hotel
- 13 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 9 Dinner
- Explore Tour Leader, Cook, Driver(s), Porter(s), Trek Crew
- Any international flights to Moshi and from Stone Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Zanzibar Island tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 216 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 144 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 410 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 20 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Zanzibar Island tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Zanzibar Island tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.