- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lemosho route Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 7 day ascent Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
Challenge yourself on this iconic trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895m), the highest point in Africa. Following the less-used and scenic Lemosho route, climb and descend on different paths, walking through the mountain's varied climatic regions and admiring the changing plant and animal life. 7 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation Wild camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders, guides, porters and cooks on the mountain Extend your holiday with either four days on the exotic island of Zanzibar (trip code: KCZ) or three days on safari in some of Tanzania's finest national parks (trip code: KCS).
Day 1 : Join trip Moshi
Day 2 : Trek from Lemosho Glades to Big Tree Forest Camp (2,780m)
Day 3 : Walk across grassy moorland to Shira One Camp (3,500m)
Day 4 : Walk through upland desert to Shira Two Camp (3,900m)
Day 5 : Trek via Lava Tower (4640m) to Barranco (3,960m)
Day 6 : Trek Karanga Camp (4,035m) via the Barranco Wall
Day 7 : Trek across compacted scree to Barafu Camp (4,640m)
Day 8 : Kilimanjaro summit ascent (5,895m); descend to Millennium Camp (3,790m)
Day 9 : Descend through rainforest to Mweka Gate (1,630m); drive to Moshi
Day 10 : Optional game drive; trip ends in Moshi
- 9 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 9 Dinner
- 2 nights comfortable lodge
- 7 nights simple camping
- Explore Tour Leader, Cook, Driver(s), Porter(s), Trek Crew
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 162 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 108 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 308 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 19 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.