- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lemosho route Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 7 day ascent Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
Challenge yourself on this iconic trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895m), the highest point in Africa. Following the less-used and scenic Lemosho route, climb and descend on different paths, walking through the mountain's varied climatic regions and admiring the changing plant and animal life. 7 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation Wild camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders, guides, porters and cooks on the mountain Extend your holiday - Choose from four days on the exotic island of Zanzibar (trip code: ZI) or three days on safari in some of Tanzania's finest national parks (trip code: KCS)
Day 1 : Join trip Moshi
Day 2 : Trek from Lemosho Glades to Big Tree Forest Camp (2,780m)
Day 3 : Walk across grassy moorland to Shira One Camp (3,500m)
Day 4 : Walk through upland desert to Shira Two Camp (3,900m)
Day 5 : Trek via Lava Tower (4,640m) to Barranco (3,960m)
Day 6 : Trek Karanga Camp (4,035m) via the Barranco Wall
Day 7 : Trek across compacted scree to Barafu Camp (4,640m)
Day 8 : Kilimanjaro summit ascent (5,895m); descend to Millennium Camp (3,790m)
Day 9 : Descend through rainforest to Mweka Gate (1,630m); drive to Moshi
Day 10 : Optional game drive; trip ends in Moshi
- 9 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Weru Weru River Lodge (2 nights)
- Big Tree Forest Camp (1 night)
- Shira 1 Camp (1 night)
- Shira 2 Camp (1 night)
- Barranco Camp (1 night)
- Karanga Camp (1 night)
- Barafu Camp (1 night)
- Millennium Campsite (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Trek Crew
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 181 today.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.