Kilimanjaro - Lemosho route
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Tour Code BM-250
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, Tanzanian
- Considered to be the most beautiful route on Kilimanjaro
- Low traffic route on Kilimanjaro
The Lemosho route will take 9 days in total. The route is the most scenic on the lower part as it goes directly through a rainforest area with wild life. Later on this route merges with the popular Machame route.
You can bring around 15 kgs of luggage for the trip. The porters will carry most of the 15 kgs, and you will yourself carry a small day-pack. As soon as you book with us, we will brief you further on which luggage and trekking clothes to bring.
At Zara Tours we are looking very much forward to take you on a climb of a lifetime for Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Arrival day
Day 2: Trek from Moshi (915m) to Mkubwa Camp (2,750m)
Day 3: Trek from Mkubwa to Shira Camp1 (3,500m)
Day 4: Trek from Shira Camp 1 to Shira Camp 2 (3,840m)
Day 5: Shira Camp 2 (3,840m) to Barranco Camp (3,950m)
Day 6: Barranco Camp (3,950m) to Karanga Camp (4,200m)
Day 7: Trek from Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (4,550m)
Day 8: Uhuru Peak (5,895m) the Summit day
Day 9: Mweka Gate to Moshi
Day 10: Departure Day
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guide
- National Park gate Fees.
- Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi.
- Hut/camping fees and tents
- Porters’ Salaries
- Rescue fees ( required by the national Park)
- All Meals on the mountain.
- Two nights’ accommodation in Moshi bed and breakfast, double or triple occupancy
- Tents foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment’s and eating utensils.
- Oximeters are available upon request.
- Tips for Guides and porters
- Mountain equipment (eg sleeping bags)
- Some equipment is available for rent. (ask for price list)
- Lunches and dinners at the Springlands Hotel.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?