- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Have ample acclimatization time on this long route to the top
- Enjoy this newest official route allowing almost 360 degree views of the diverse region
- The route passes close through the Kenyan border with amazing views of the Tsavo Valley
- Avoid climbing the Great Barranco Wall on this route
The Northern Circuit follows the Lemosho route for the first few days, then ascending the Shira Ridge to cross the high Shira Plateau. Trekkers will leave the Lemosho route to turn northwards and follow the main circuit when approaching near the Lava Tower. Circling clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp, trekkers will pass through School Hut before finally summitting from the east. The descent is made via the Mweka route, where it is likely for trekkers to encounter other trekkers from the Lemosho, Shira, Umbwe, Machame or the Marangu routes.
Day 1: Arrival in Kilimanjaro; drive to Moshi
Day 2: High-altitude transfer and trek to Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Trek from Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Trek from Shira 2 Camp via Lava Tower to Moir Hut
Day 5: Trek from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp
Day 6: Trek from Buffalo Camp to Rongai Third Cave Camp
Day 7: Trek from Rongai Third Cave Camp to school hut
Day 8: Trek to Uhuru Peak and descend to Millennium Camp
Day 9: Descent from Millennium Camp to Mweka Gate
Day 10: Departure
- Airport pickups and drops at Kilimanjaro International Airport in a private vehicle.
- Transfer to the trailhead from the hotel and back after the trip.
- All the park fees (conservation fees, camping fees, crew fees, vehicle fees, rescue fees) collected by the Kilimanjaro National P. and all other fees collected by the Tanzania National Parks Authority
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel (Aishi Machame Hotel or similar) with breakfast.
- Tented accommodation during the trip (4 season North Face VE25 Tents)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek prepared by professional high-altitude cooks.
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
- All necessary camping equipment (dining tents, camping table & chairs, crockery, cutlery, etc.)
- Medical kits and GPS tracking service.
- An experienced, English speaking trek leader licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park holding Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certification.
- Dedicated support crew including assistant guides, porters, cooks, etc.)
- Tanzania visa fee
- International flights
- Extra night accommodation due to early arrival or late departure in Moshi
- Lunch and evening meals at the hotel (before and after the trip)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal gear rentals and other expenses (phone calls, laundry, etc)
- Tips for the guides, porters and other supporting staff
- Earn US$ 102+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationVISA Acquiring required visa(s) is the sole responsibility for every individual traveler before planning your Kilimanjaro Climbing tours via Northern Circuit as visa requirements may vary depending on the nationality of an individual traveler. For most nations, there is a visa on arrival provision in Tanzania’s International Airport. However, we recommend that you check with your local consulates which represent the country you will be traveling to, as a part of this program as well as find more details about passport and visa requirements in Tanzania. IS THIS TRIP RIGHT FOR YOU? ⚫ The trip involves a 10-day hike to Kilimanjaro Climbing tours via Northern Circuit at an altitude of 19,341ft (5,895m). So, one needs to be in excellent fitness and sound health conditions for doing this trip. First time trekkers may require to do certain exercises and short day hikes prior doing this trek. Here is everything we need to know about this trek: Kilimanjaro Climbing FAQs - Himalayan Glacier(change the URL accordingly, based on the other trip names, if we have) ⚫ Weather on Kilimanjaro varies according to season ranging from hot to extremely cold, even on the same day of hiking. Although seasonal variations of weather are not wide, the temperatures on Kilimanjaro are normally determined by the altitude and the time of the day. Overall, hikers need to be prepared for warm, sunny conditions along with rain, wind, cold and sometimes even heavy snowfall. ⚫ Except for the Marangu Route that offers shared hut accommodation, other routes offer camping tents to sleep at nights. Our camping crew will carry all the logistics required for retiring at nights. On standard tours, the tents will be on a twin sharing basis. Travelers wishing to sleep alone in a single tent will be charged a single supplement amount. ⚫ Access to charging ports for electronic devices is not available, except on the Marangu route and will incur an extra cost. Travelers are advised to carry fully charged power banks in case, you need to charge your camera batteries. Don’t expect to be connected to the internet as Wi-Fi is not available anywhere, except at few places where phone connectivity may be weakly present. ⚫ Packing list for all Kilimanjaro climbs are almost similar to Everest base camp packing list. These are some things you must know before climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. ⚫ As there are various routes for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, it depends on which route you wish to take. Depending on the route you choose, you may encounter many other hikers or trekking groups. While on some routes, you may meet huge crowds, some other routes offer quieter hiking experience to the roof of Africa. COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES We operate this trekking trip by containing the following COVID-19 safety protocols: ⚫ This trip abides to all the updated safety guidelines for travelers, as issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the local authorities. ⚫ The tour will be operated by adopting COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardized protocols. ⚫ A group will be limited to not more than 6 trekkers, for now, with concerns about COVID-19 safety for all travelers. ⚫ We have prioritized hygiene protocols on the entire trip encouraging travelers to mask up, wash hands regularly, sanitize and practice physical distancing as much as possible.