- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- High success rate of getting to the summit.
- Amazing adventure on a less crowded route up to the peak.
The Kilimanjaro Rongai route starts on the north side of the mountain just south of the Kenyan border, and is one of the least traveled routes. The Rongai route joins the Marangu route before the summit climb, then you descend the Marangu Route on the mountain's southeast side.
I would highly recommend Winford and his team. They did an amazing job in some trying weather conditions and we are very grateful to them for helping us realise our dream.”
Day 1: Arrival and overnight at Springland hotel or similar
Day 2: Trek start date
Day 3: Trek up to the Second Cave
Day 4: Trek up to the Third Cave
Day 5: Trek from Third Cave to Kibo Hut
Day 6: Trek from Kibo Hut - Uhuru Peak - Horombo Hut
Day 7: Trek from Horombo Hut - Madara Hut - Moshi
Day 8: Depart for the airport
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guide.
- National Park gate Fees.
- Transport from Moshi to the climb starting point on mountain and return to Moshi.
- Hut/camping fees and tents
- Porters’ Salaries
- Rescue fees ( required by the national Park)
- All Meals on the mountain.
- Two nights’ accommodation in Moshi bed and breakfast, double or triple occupancy
- Tents foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment’s and eating utensils.
- Oximeters are available upon request.
- Tips for Guides and porters
- Mountain equipment (eg sleeping bags)
- Some equipment is available for rent. (ask for price list)
- Lunches and dinners at the Springlands Hotel.
- Save US$ 62+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.