- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15-80 yrs
- max group size 99
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Tour Code BM-22270
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Starts/Ends Moshi, Tanzania
- Climb Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro
- Use Marangu Route, known for its gradual slopes, to reach the summit
- Enjoy stunning views of sunrise and amazing sceneries
Apart from the gentler slopes, the Marangu Route is also where travellers get to stay in huts throughout the duration on the climb and meals are taken in dining halls. Mineral water, soft drinks, chocolate and beer are also sold at all the camps along this route.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Moshi and transfer you to the gate of Mount Kilimanjaro National Park, about 50-minute drive from your hotel, the starting point of the climb. Hike past rainforests teeming with birds and monkeys and alpine meadows before you enter the heath and moor zone. Reach the snowy summit of Mount Kilimanjaro on Day 5 before heading down the same route. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Moshi - Marangu Gate (1,860m) - Mandara Hut (2,700m)
Day 2: Mandara Hut (2,700m) - Horombo Hut (3,700m)
Day 3: Acclimatization trek to Zebra Rocks (4,020m)
Day 4: Horombo Hut (3,700m) - Kibo Hut (4,700m)
Day 5: Kibo Hut (4,700m) - Kilimanjaro Peak (5,895m) & down to Horombo
Day 6: Horombo Hut (3,700m) - Marangu Gate
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- 3 meals per day except on the first day (no breakfast, a lunch box provided) and the last day of the tour. Water provided during the trek
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- All park and camping fees
- Rescue fees
- Camping equipment (sleeping tents, mess tents, chairs & tables)
- Pickup and drop-off transfer from your hotel or accommodation in Moshi
- Certificates of achievement
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Personal climbing equipment
- Gratuities (15-20% of the total cost)
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.