- Mountain biking
- Bicycle tour
- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mountain bike across the spectacular landscape of west Kilimanjaro
- Spot wild animals as you cycle past their natural habitats
- Pass through Tanzanian villages along your diverse route
Imagine the thrill of pedaling along red dirt roads surrounded by endless spectacular horizons when suddenly you spot a herd of zebras, impala and wildebeests grazing in the distance. Stumbling across wild animals in their natural habitat is an unforgettable experience, and one that stands apart from all other kinds of wildlife sighting.
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Moshi at 7 am and be transferred to Simba Farm to start your bike tour. Your ride starts with a downhill slope through the farm as you head toward the main rough road. Follow the road through the Ngare Nairobi village and cycle along the Ndarakwai Conservancy border towards the west Kilimanjaro airstrip. Then make your way through the main dirt road towards the Tinga Tinga village.
Proceed then south towards the Ngabobo Village cycling through the dry and arid open grasslands, an environment completely different from the lush, green slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro which you have left behind. Wildlife such as wildebeests, giraffes, zebra and elands can be seen on this section of the ride.
The final part of the path is a gradual ascent on a gravel road as you cycle through the Ngabobo Village towards the Maasai Lodge where the tour ends. After the 49 km ride, you'll be transferred back to your hotel in Moshi.
- Hotel pickup
- Packed lunch or traditional hot lunch
- Snacks and fruits
- 1.5 litres of water per person
- Mountain bike and helmet
- English-speaking tour guide
- Support vehicle (backup vehicle) on standby
- All entry fees
- Tips (Much appreciated)
- Accommodation at lodges or hotels
- Personal items
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.