- Experience forest nature walks
- Only 3 kilometer away from Moshi town
On your walk, you will spot blue monkeys and black-and-white colobus monkeys and a number of bird species. Listen to stories and discover various uses of the different trees found in the area. See trees that are as old as 200 years. Visit the sacred tree Mvule (Milicia excelsa), believed to be 196 years old, a tree that is regularly visited by locals to pray (an act closely associated with superstitions).
Outside the forest, you can also enjoy a great view of rice plantations that are dotted with colorful water birds.
- Village development fee
- Contact person
- Mineral water
- Entrance fee
- local cuisine
- cycling tour
- Transport from and to hotel/ destination
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Errors on booking dates or rates will only be accepted within 48 hrs after the issue of booking confirmation.
Cancellation is accepted until 14 working days before the arrival date/ tour date with full refund.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?