- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Challenge yourself and be among the few to trek this new Kilimanjaro route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Explore the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge, before crossing the Shira Plateau. The route then heads north and circles clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp to School Hut, before summiting from the east. Descend is made via the Mweka route.
Day 1: Londorossi Gate (2100m) to Mti Mkubwa (2821m)
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa (2895m) to Shira 1 Camp (3505m)
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp (3505m) to Shira 2 Camp (3875m)
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp (3875m) to Lava Tower (4642m)
Day 5: Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp
Day 6: Buffalo Camp to Third Cave
Day 7: Third Cave to School Hut
Day 8: School Hut to Uhuru Peak to Mwica Camp
Day 9: Mweka camp (3090m) to Mweka Gate (1641m)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Moshi (before and after climb)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Save US$ 93+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.