Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro 6-day Marangu Route
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Tour Code BM-10213
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Challenge yourself on this 6day trek, widely regarded as the most beautiful route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Climb through rich rain forest into a snowy wonderland
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
The minimum days required for this route is five, although the probability of successfully reaching the top in that time period is quite low. Spending an extra acclimatization day on the mountain is highly recommended when climbing Klimanjaro using the Marangu route.
However, despite its immense popularity, we avoid leading climbs on the Marangu route. The route has the least scenic variety of all the routes because the ascent and descent are done on the same path and it is the most crowded route for that reason. Marangu is favored during the rainy season, where the hut accommodations are preferred over wet ground, or for those who only have five days to climb Kilimanjaro.
NB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut
Day 2: Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
Day 3: Horombo Hut to Mawenzi Ridge to Horombo Hut
Day 4: Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
Day 5: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut
Day 6: Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate
- Two-nights accommodation in hotels in Moshi (before and after climbing)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides and porters
- Accommodation in mountain huts
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, potter and cook
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?