- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Challenge yourself on the beautiful and unspoiled Rongai route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The Rongai route’s premier advantage is that it is one of the quietest routes on the mountain, although it becomes busier when it connects with the Marangu route just before reaching Kibo hut. The route also descends along the Marangu route, however, on this trip, the intrepid climber will retain a sense of wilderness and adventure by sleeping in tents and not using the A-frame huts of the Marangu route.
Scenically, Rongai is extraordinarily beautiful as it travels through an unspoiled rain forest and remote wilderness area, although it is not as scenically varied as Machame, Lemosho and Shira. It is also preferred when climbing during the rainy season because the north side of the mountain receives less precipitation.
FOR SAFARI PART:
Hans is an awesome animal seeker and spotter, well informative with a wealth of knowledge about everything in the National Parks.
We cant say enough about Brian who organizes this trip from our first email, the choice of accommodation was breathtaking, we had our recommendations but he advised other cozier accommodations which we trusted and was the best.
FOR KILIMANJARO PART:
is more about the team led by Faza and his team of porters and chef they are story teller and the trip would not have been the same without them. I went into this excited for the physical adventure but I learned so much which was just icing on the cake making the trip that much better. These guys are amazing cooks (I wish they sold a guide cookbook, I ate way better on the trip than I do at home) and made sure each and everyone one of us was well taken care of. We had a group of 7 plus our two guides which was the perfect size and afforded us the ability to split up into two groups on the second day so part of the younger group could trek fast than the older ones. The hike in and out was not as bad as I expected just make sure you are well hydrated and eat plenty of snacks and drink enough water, which the guides make sure you do.
All in all I can't recommend this trip with Dahlia Tours enough! I am a professional travel advisor and will be recommending this trip and company to all of my clients. We are selective about the companies we work with, only partnering with the most reputable companies who will take care of our clients and have them coming back raving and wanting to do another trip. I am glad I was part of this trips”
Day 1: Rongai Start Point (1996m) – Simba camp (2626m)
Day 2: Simba camp (2626m) – Kikelewa Camp (3679m)
Day 3: Kikelewa Cave (3679m) – Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m)
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m) – Kibo hut (4730m)
Day 5: Kibo hut – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Horombo hut (3705m)
Day 6: Horombo hut (3705m) – Marangu Gate (1860m)
- 4 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 4 Dinners
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.