- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 10+ years old
- Challenge yourself on the beautiful and unspoiled Rongai route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The Rongai route’s premier advantage is that it is one of the quietest routes on the mountain, although it becomes busier when it connects with the Marangu route just before reaching Kibo hut. The route also descends along the Marangu route, however, on this trip, the intrepid climber will retain a sense of wilderness and adventure by sleeping in tents and not using the A-frame huts of the Marangu route.
Scenically, Rongai is extraordinarily beautiful as it travels through an unspoiled rain forest and remote wilderness area, although it is not as scenically varied as Machame, Lemosho and Shira. It is also preferred when climbing during the rainy season because the north side of the mountain receives less precipitation.
The most memorable part of our trip was witnessing thousands baby wildebeest born with lots of Cats waiting for their meal in Hot air balloon ride in the air were breathtaking, really a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
We also very much enjoyed Maasai Bomas visit, their dance, their culture preservation, their way of life was best as the word, this trip was the perfect ending to our journey.”
Day 1: Rongai Start Point (1996m) – Simba camp (2626m)
Day 2: Simba camp (2626m) – Kikelewa Camp (3679m)
Day 3: Kikelewa Cave (3679m) – Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m)
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m) – Kibo hut (4730m)
Day 5: Kibo hut – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Horombo hut (3705m)
Day 6: Horombo hut (3705m) – Marangu Gate (1860m)
- 4 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 4 Dinners
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.