- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Challenge yourself on this 7day trek, the most successful route up the mountain
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Explore the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beering
The Machame route is normally completed in a minimum of six days. The added benefit to the seventh day means you are afforded the most valuable commodity on the mountain – time to acclimatize.
This is our most successful and popular hiking route on Mt. Kilimanjaro, mainly as a result of the following two important factors. First, on day 3 of the hike, the topography of this route allows you to climb high and sleep low – as you start from Shira camp (3 847m) hike up to Lava Tower (4 642m) and then down to Barranco camp (3 984m) for overnight. Second, the summit attempt path from Barafu camp has less loose scree (rocks) compared to the summit attempt path from Kibo Hut, making it slightly easier to reach the crater rim.
FOR SAFARI PART:
Hans is an awesome animal seeker and spotter, well informative with a wealth of knowledge about everything in the National Parks.
We can’t say enough about Brian who organizes this trip from our first email, the choice of accommodation was breathtaking, we had our recommendations but he advised other cozier accommodations which we trusted and was the best.
FOR KILIMANJARO PART:
is more about the team led by Faza and his team of porters and chef they are story teller and the trip would not have been the same without them. I went into this excited for the physical adventure but I learned so much which was just icing on the cake making the trip that much better. These guys are amazing cooks (I wish they sold a guide cookbook, I ate way better on the trip than I do at home) and made sure each and everyone one of us was well taken care of. We had a group of 7 plus our two guides which was the perfect size and afforded us the ability to split up into two groups on the second day so part of the younger group could trek fast than the older ones. The hike in and out was not as bad as I expected just make sure you are well hydrated and eat plenty of snacks and drink enough water, which the guides make sure you do.
All in all I can't recommend this trip with Dahlia Tours enough! I am a professional travel advisor and will be recommending this trip and company to all of my clients. We are selective about the companies we work with, only partnering with the most reputable companies who will take care of our clients and have them coming back raving and wanting to do another trip. I am glad I was part of this trips”
Day 1: Machame Gate (1828m) – Machame camp (3020m)
Day 2: Machame camp (3020m) – Shira camp (3847m)
Day 3: Shira Camp – Lava Tower (4642m) – Barranco camp (3984m)
Day 4: Barranco Camp (3976m) - Karanga Camp (3995m)
Day 5: Karanga Camp (3995m) - Barafu Camp (4673m)
Day 6: Barafu camp – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3090m)
Day 7: Mweka camp (3090m) – Mweka Gate (1641m)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Moshi (before & after climb)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Airport transfers
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Save US$ 77+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.