- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Challenge yourself on the beautiful and unspoiled Rongai route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The Rongai route’s premier advantage is that it is one of the quietest routes on the mountain, although it becomes busier when it connects with the Marangu route just before reaching Kibo hut. The route also descends along the Marangu route, however, on this trip, the intrepid climber will retain a sense of wilderness and adventure by sleeping in tents and not using the A-frame huts of the Marangu route.
Scenically, Rongai is extraordinarily beautiful as it travels through an unspoiled rain forest and remote wilderness area, although it is not as scenically varied as Machame, Lemosho and Shira. It is also preferred when climbing during the rainy season because the north side of the mountain receives less precipitation.
Our safari tour designer provided absolutely professional and first-class service. Every booking and guide, porters, driver and staff person we met were exemplary, and the suggestions they made for us were fantastic. As first-time travelers to Africa, with group of 10 students we had many questions, and our agent responded promptly and in detail to all our questions. Brian, the company’s managing director and his partner met with us in person not once but twice - that level of service is something we have not encountered before. Our Kili guide and Safari driver was one of the most knowledgeable and friendly tour staffs we have ever met - we were sad to leave them. We cannot recommend this safari tour company highly enough! Our expectations were high, and they were exceeded!”
Day 1: Rongai Start Point (1996m) – Simba camp (2626m)
Day 2: Simba camp (2626m) – Kikelewa Camp (3679m)
Day 3: Kikelewa Cave (3679m) – Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m)
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn camp (4303m) – Kibo hut (4730m)
Day 5: Kibo hut – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Horombo hut (3705m)
Day 6: Horombo hut (3705m) – Marangu Gate (1860m)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Moshi (before and after climb)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Save +US$ 72 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.