- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Challenge yourself on this 6day trek, widely regarded as the most beautiful route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Climb through rich rain forest into a snowy wonderland
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
Compared to other routes, the Marangu route offers shared hut accommodation and the relative luxury of being able to sleep indoors for the entire route. Mineral water, soft drinks, chocolates and beer are also sold at all the camps on this route. All your equipment and supplies are portered and a cook prepares all your meals.
We met the entire team ready at the airport, we formed such a tight bond but from our first interaction with our second contact to our last they have been nothing but outstanding. You can feel the tem work as all departments helped us with the payment process, the flight information, and picking out some of the best accommodations, Knowing that Brian called every evening during our safari eased our minds as we approached our first trip to the motherland.
Our final contact ‘Sarah’ did a spectacular job with running through our itinerary a few days before we departed, her conversation allowed us to ask our last minute questions, understand about tipping (who to tip, how much to tip, when to tip), etc. Another great member of the Dahlia travel company's team.
The young generation and professional youthful minds.”
Day 1: Marangu Gate (1860m) – Mandara hut (2715m)
Day 2: Mandara hut (2715m) – Horombo hut (3705m)
Day 3: Acclimatisation day
Day 4: Horombo hut (3705m) – Kibo hut (4730m)
Day 5: Kibo hut – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Horombo hut (3705m)
Day 6: Horombo hut (3705m) – Marangu Gate (1860m)
- Two-nights accommodation in hotels in Moshi (before and after climbing)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides and porters
- Accommodation in mountain huts
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, potter and cook
- Save US$ 61+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.