- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Challenge yourself on a 6day trek, the most successful route up the mountain
- Reach the summit at 5,895m and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Explore the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The Machame route is normally completed in a minimum of six days. The added benefit to the six days means you are afforded the most valuable commodity on the mountain – time to acclimatize.
This is our most successful and popular hiking route on Mt. Kilimanjaro, mainly as a result of the following two important factors. First, on day 3 of the hike, the topography of this route allows you to climb high and sleep low – as you start from Shira camp (3 847m) hike up to Lava Tower (4 642m) and then down to Barranco camp (3 984m) for overnight. Second, the summit attempt path from Barafu camp has less loose scree (rocks) compared to the summit attempt path from Kibo Hut, making it slightly easier to reach the crater rim.
NB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Machame Gate (1828m) – Machame camp (3020m)
Day 2: Machame camp – Shira camp (3847m)
Day 3: Shira Camp – Lava Tower (4642m) – Barranco camp(3984m
Day 4: Barranco camp – Barafu camp (4681m)
Day 5: Barafu camp –Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3090m)
Day 6: Mweka camp – Mweka Gate (1641m)
- 5 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 5 Dinners
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents while on the trek
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.