- Machame Route Trek
- Dramatic Mountain Scenery
- Uhuru Peak
Popularly called the Whiskey Route, Machame might be tougher than the Marangu, but it is always more rewarding. This is where you get to experience authentic trekking at its beautiful best, and most pro climbers wouldn't have it any other way,
Camp out at night and enjoy incredible sceneries along the way. Then at the very top of Uhuru Peak, rising 5,896m above sea level, feel the exhilaration of achievement and marvel at the incredible views.
Start with a pleasant stroll through the rain forest, where many species of brightly colored birds can be seen, before setting up camp at Machame for your first night on Kilimanjaro.
Day 2. Shira Camp
Leave the rainforest and watch as the vegetation grows sparser on the path to the Shira Plateau. Spend the night camping on the edge of the plateau and be treated to a golden sunset over the snow-dusted peaks of Kibo.
Day 3. Barranco Camp
Continue through the rolling landscape and deep river valleys on the way to more rugged areas of the mountain.
Day 4. Barafu Camp
Trek through fascinating dry desert terrain and ascend further on the way to Barranco Camp. Witness the contrast between the craggy landscape of the mountain and the spectacular views of the Heim, Kersten and Rebmann glaciers above.
Day 5. Summit-Mweka camp
Grab a midnight feast and head off before dawn to watch the sunrise at Stella Point and pass by Rebmann Glacier. Make the final push to the peak and be rewarded with incredible views that accompany the feat of conquering Africa’s highest mountain - a life-changing experience.
Days 6. Mweka camp-Mweka gate- Moshi
Return to the base of the Mountain where our adventure comes to an end back at Moshi
- Airport pick up
- 2 nights hotel accommodation
- Transport to the mountain gate
- Park fees
- Rescue fees
- Camping fees
- Camping equipment
- Food 3 meals per day
- 24 hour support
- Flight tickets
- Tips for guide and porters
- Items of personal nature
- Optional excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation: Camping (with basic facilities), Hotel
- Group Size: Maximum of 12 travelers per group
- Traveling at Altitude: This trip goes above 2800 meters / 9200 feet where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse effects in their health due to the altitude. Please see further information on Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS), High Altitude Cerebral Edema (HACE) and High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE).