- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Best route for acclimatization
- More popular trail to reach Uhuru Peak
- The most beautiful route up Kilimanjaro
This makes Machame (also referred to as the "Whiskey route") better suited to the slightly more adventurous hiker rewarding him with a scenic splendor. From late afternoon sunsets at Shira, to the misty revelations of Kibo at the great Barranco Wall, the Machame route offers the adventurous hiker a scenic "slide show" over 6 days. The Machame route is normally completed in a minimum of 6 days.
There is an added benefit to this, as you are afforded the most valuable commodity on the mountain - acclimatization. The Machame route takes you high to Lava Tower (4,630m) on day 3 and brings you down by nearly 700m for an overnight at Barranco camp (3,950m). This is the secret to successful acclimatization.
See the "Itinerary" for more details about this tour.
Day 1: Arrival Kilimanjaro International Airport
Day 2: Moshi to Machame
Day 3: Machame Hut to Shira Hut 3,800m
Day 4: Shira to Barranco 3,950m
Day 5: Barranco to Barafu 4,600m
Day 6: Barafu to Uhuru Peak 5,896m
Day 7: Mweka Hut to Mweka Gate
Day 8: Moshi/Airport
- Pick up from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Two nights accommodation in Moshi - pre and post climbing accommodation
- All camping equipment: vaude tents, chairs, tables and sleeping mats
- All meals on the mountain
- Park fees, camping fees and rescue fees
- Certified English-speaking guides
- Transport to and from the park gates
- Recommended salaries for porters and guides
- 2 porters per person
- Both local and international flights
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks at the camp/hotel
- Personal hiking gears
- Sleeping bag
- Items of personal nature
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.