- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Tour Code BM-2837
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Low traffic route to Kilimanjaro
- Higher probability of making it to the summit
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge.
Unlike the popular Machame route, which simply intersects the Shira Plateau, the Lemosho route crosses the entirety of the plain from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. An added bonus is that climbers will encounter low traffic until the route joins the Machame route. Afterwards, Lemosho follows the same route through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, known as the southern circuit. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
Day 1: Moshi – Starting point – Mkubwa camp (2,780 m)
Day 2: Mkubwa camp (2,780 m) – Shira Camp 2 (3,900 m)
Day 3: Shira Camp 2 –Lava Tower – Barranco camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp (3,960 m) – Karanga Camp (4,035 m)
Day 5: Karanga Camp (4,035 m) – Barafu Camp (4,640 m)
Day 6: Barafu Camp (4,640 m) – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp (3,080 m) – Mweka Gate (1,630 m) – Moshi
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Mountain crew (cook & porters)
- Meals during the climb
- Drinking water
- Overnight stays in hotels and mountain tents
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc)
- Portable toilet and toilet tent
- All national park fees
- All mentioned transfers
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.