- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Climbing Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world
- Magnificent views from various viewpoints
The route known as the “Whiskey” route, the Machame route is now the most popular ascent route on Mt Kilimanjaro. Compared with the Marangu route, the walking days on the Machame route are longer and the walks are steeper. However, the scenery is spectacular and landscape interesting. The Machame route is considered a difficult route and is better suited for more adventurous trekkers and those with some hiking or backpacking experience.
The Machame route is scenically beautiful and varied. However, due to its popularity, there are increased numbers of trekkers. The Machame route approaches the summit from the southwest and descends using the Mweka route, rewarding climbers with views of the expansive Shira Plateau, an optional scramble up Lava Tower, a climb up the Great Barranco wall, and a traverse underneath Kilimanjaro’s southern ice field.
This is a 7-day trip in total. Please go through the itinerary section to fin out what you'll be doing each day.
Day 1: The climb to Machame Camp
Day 2: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 3: Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Climb Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 5: Climb Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 6: Climb Barafu Camp to Summit, down to Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate and then drive to Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- 2 nights accommodation in hotel
- Professional, experienced mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals on the mountain
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Guides, Porters and cook salaries
- Quality mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified, drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Sleeping Mattress
- Emergency evacution by flying doctor society of Africa
- Tanzania Visa $50 per person on arrival
- Personal expences (Laundry, telephone, beverages etc)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional tours (Short safari after climb can be arranged with extra cost
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Save US$ 96 today.
- Earn US$ 64+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.