- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek through Afromontane forests, Glacial valleys and alpine desert
- Difficult but scenic route up Kilimanjaro
- See amazing sunrise from the highest point in the continent of Africa
Machame is ideal for those who want a more difficult climb, and are confident in their ability to hike over extended periods of time on sometimes steep terrain. Although a tough route, climbers are rewarded with varied scenery.
The seven day Machame variation is the ideal schedule for this route. The trek from Barranco to Barafu is broken up into two days, allowing for a short day just prior to the summit attempt. This is important because summit day begins very early, around midnight, so climbers are sleep deprived going into the toughest day on the mountain. By having a short day beforehand, climbers can be better rested.
Their guides are professional and speak very good English! I owe my success summit Kilimanjaro to Bakari, Daniel, who made sure that we are comfortable at each stage. Special mention to the food provided during the trek- it was both delicious and healthy.
The prices are the best and camping was to our satisfaction. Naick the owner did utmost to answer all our questions and advised correctly. They made sure we had a Memorable life time experience.”
Day 1: Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Day 2: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 3: Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 5: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Hut
Day 7: Mweka Camp to Moshi
- Transportation to and from your selected route
- Transportation to and from Kilimanjaro airport to the hotel
- English-speaking guides
- All Tanzanian National Park Fees
- All personal and group tents
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before and after climb
- Personal items and toiletries
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Save +US$ 51 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.