6 Days Trekking Adventure Mount Meru
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 4566 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Tour Code BM-4794
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Mt Meru is the 5th highest mountain in Africa and is only 70 km from Mount Kilimanjaro
- Mount Meru is an active (but dormant) volcano located north of Arusha in Tanzania
- The route passes over watercourse, parkland, montane forest, heather zone and moorland
The mountain became well known mainly because it is only 70 km from Mount Kilimanjaro. Mt. Meru has become a popular "warm up" trek for Kilimanjaro climbers.
Mt. Meru is located within Arusha National Park, and usually the climber can start the trip from Moshi or Arusha, in Northern Tanzania. This major location provides Mount Meru climbers the chance to spot some wildlife that naturally inhabits the area.
The ascend is fairly steep and the route to the summit passes over watercourse, through parkland, montane forest, a giant heather zone and moorland.
The summit is made by a narrow, barren ridge, which gives spectacular views of the Ash Cone lying several thousand feet below in the crater.
Day 1: Arrival in Moshi
Day 2: Meriakamba Hut
Day 3: Saddle Hut (Full board)
Day 4: Summit Day
Day 5: Meriakamba Hut to Momella Gate to Moshi
Day 6: Departure
- Camping facilities
- Meals during the climb
- Certified English-speaking guide
- Transfer from and to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Travel insurance
- Personal mountain gear
- Sleeping bag
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?