- duration 6 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Getting to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- One of the more popular routes to Kilimanjaro
- Beautiful views from some of the finest parts of the mountain
Compared to the other six day routes, the Machame route exposes the climber to higher elevations quicker (day three) which kickstarts the body's adaptation to altitude. However, this route requires that a person is in good shape to be able to tackle the challenging elevation gains and losses.
In particular, day four combined with day five makes for a very challenging schedule. Day four is a full day of hiking from Barranco to Barafu. Then after dinner and a partial night's sleep, the very long and exciting summit day begins around midnight.
To find out more about day-by-day activities, please see the itinerary.
Day 1: Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Day 2: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 3: Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 5: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Hut
Day 6: Mweka Camp to Moshi
- Transfer from and to the airport
- All park fees
- Rescue fees
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Camping facilities (tents, cooking and eating utensils, chairs and tables)
- Salary for all team-members (guide, cook, porters)
- Hotel the night before and after the trek
- Tips for the team
- International & domestic flights
- Visa fees
- Jackets, climbing boots
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Save +US$ 59 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.