- Local culture
- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience one of the most legendary bucketlist journeys ever in the magic of the Russian winter
- A sobering but essential excursion to the Romanov family resting place shines light on one of the Russian Revolution’s major tragedies
- Encounter a way of life that has changed little since the 18th century on a visit to the Old Believers Village near Ulan Ude
- Lake Baikal is astounding at any time of year, but in winter it’s nextlevel. Marvel at its sheer size (like sea) and enjoy the tranquility of the lake under winter sunshine.
Tibet may have the highest, and Australia and Switzerland the steepest, but Russia most certainly takes the prize when it comes to sheer depth of history and legend in a train trip. Embark on a beautiful winter adventure on the great Trans-Siberian Railway, one of the great journeys of modern times. Travelling in winter adds a dramatic dimension to Russia’s vast landscapes, as Lake Baikal shimmers with a deep speckled blue, the wooden Romanov monasteries outside Yekaterinburg take on a sombre, snowy profile, and the time-capsule scenes of the Old Believers village near Ulan Ude are given a fairy-tale dusting. With the must-see historical sites of Moscow revealed before you set off, and the spirit of the new year alive throughout, this Tran-Siberian itinerary pulls out all the stops for an unforgettable expedition.
Ulan Ude/Far Eastern Railway
Far Eastern Railway
- Overnight sleeper train (8 nights), Hotel (4 nights), Guesthouse (2 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , Metro
- An expert tour leader
- Moscow - Kremlin & Armoury Guided Tour
- Moscow - Red Square & Lenin's Mausoleum
- Yekaterinburg - city tour
- Yekaterinburg - Ganina Yama Monastery
- Ulan Ude - Tarbagatay Old believers village
- Lake Baikal - New Year's Eve Celebration
- Vladivostok - Submarine C56 Museum
- Any international flights to Moscow and from Vladivostok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Winter Trans-Siberian Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Winter Trans-Siberian Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 January 2022, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Winter Trans-Siberian Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Winter Trans-Siberian Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Temperatures on this trip may drop below –30℃, esp. as we travel deeper into Siberia. You'll need to be prepared for extreme cold and very strong winds when exploring outdoors.
- This trip is a true railway journey; we spend the majority of our days on the train. We travel in comfortable 2nd-class carriages on the Trans-Siberia train, with four people sharing a cabin. It's a perfect way to properly experience it. A couple of good books, and plenty of research into the history of Russia and its culture will of course deepen your experience significantly.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
The Intrepid Foundation