- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore some of Russia's lesser known cities and World Cup venues
- Travel on the TransSiberian Railway
- Visit cathedrals, monasteries and mosques
- Meal with a local family
On the night of the 17th July 1918, the Tsar of Russia and his family were executed in Yekaterinburg, Russia's fourth largest city just east of the Ural Mountains, the gateway to Siberia and a whole other Russia. On this journey we follow their final footsteps: from Moscow we travel by train across this historically fascinating, yet almost unknown region of Russia. Visiting ancient Suzdal and Vladimir, Kazan; capital of the Republic of Tartarstan - the centre of Russia’s Muslim culture; the once closed city of Gorky – now known as Nizhny Novgorod. Finally, on day 7 we will reach Yekaterinburg a city overflowing with history and culture.
Day 1: Start Moscow.
Day 2: Full day sightseeing tour of Moscow. Evening train to Suzdal.
Day 3: Guided tour of Suzdal and wooden architecture museum.
Day 4: Transfer to Vladimir; sightseeing and free time. Evening train to
Day 5: City tour of Nizhny Novgorod; Overnight train to Kazan
Day 6: Full day in Kazan, Russia's Tartar Capital.
Day 7: From Europe to Asia, cross the Ural Mountains.
Day 8: Morning tour of Yekaterinburg; free afternoon.
Day 9: End Yekaterinburg
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 dinner
- Transfers on group flights
- Letter of inviation for visa
- Any international flights to Moscow and from Yekaterinburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Russia: Last Journey of the Tsars tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Russia: Last Journey of the Tsars tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Russia: Last Journey of the Tsars tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Russia: Last Journey of the Tsars tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.