- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Let whimsical Suzdal capture your heart and imagination with its oniondomed monasteries, spicedhoney mead and during dinner with our local friends.
- Enjoy a tea party with a local family in one of St Petersburg’s Sovietera communal apartments, grand dwellings converted to working class accommodation after the Russian Revolution.
- Visit the mausoleum of Lenin, famed revolutionary and Bolshevik leader, and compare the tomb’s austerity with the eyebulging treasure collection in the Kremlin and Armoury Museum.
- Discover Russia’s oldest city on a guided walk through Novgorod, including the 15thcentury Kremlin compound that sits on the banks of the Volkhov River.
Experience the essential sights of a land that lay hidden behind the Iron Curtain for decades on a revealing eight-day tour of European Russia. Travel through Moscow, Suzdal, Novgorod and St Petersburg to peel back some 1000 years of history. From the blue-domed whimsy of the tenth-century Cathedral of the Nativity to the Soviet-era communal apartments of St Petersburg and the restaurant car of an overnight train – this adventure is the perfect introduction to the expansive history and diverse faces of Russia’s western reaches.
Additionally, I suggest booking directly with the tour company as communication was not passed from agent company, to tour company, to me the traveler that extra hotel fees were required as the hotel had sold out of single rooms.”
Moscow – Overnight Train
- Hotel (5 nights), Guesthouse (1 night), Overnight Sleeper Train (1 night)
- 6 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Private Bus , Public Bus , High Speed Train , Taxi , Metro
- An expert tour leader
- Suzdal - Home-cooked dinner
- Suzdal - Guided Walking Tour
- Moscow - Kremlin & Armoury Guided Tour
- Moscow - Red Square & Lenin's Mausoleum
- Novgorod - Walking Tour & Kremlin
- St Petersburg - Tea party with local family
- Any international flights to Moscow and from Saint Petersburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Russia Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Russia Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Russia Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Russia Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Want to get festive? Our ‘Russia Highlights - New Year’ tour hits the essential destinations of European Russia with a focus on the unique celebrations and traditions of the season. Enter code WBSW for more detail.
- This trip includes an overnight journey on a second class train. Conditions are simple but comfortable – a truly Intrepid experience and a great way to meet, and travel like, the locals. Compartments have four berths but it’s possible (due to ticket availability) the group will be staying in different compartments and carriages. Please see the ‘Accommodation’ section of the ‘Essential trip information’ for more detail.
- Social drinking is common on trains in Russia and can be an enjoyable way to meet local people as well as interact with your fellow Intrepid travellers (in moderation). While alcohol is often available for purchase on the train, spirits (including vodka) should only be consumed in the dining car. While we certainly want all our Intrepid travellers to have a great holiday, it's important that you show due respect for your fellow group members and keep in mind that many locals use the train as a means of transport to get home or to work.
- The best way to experience a city is by doing as the locals do – and in this case that means using public transport such as trains, buses or metro in some locations. It’s better for the environment and you’ll get an authentic look at daily life; just be aware you may find yourself sharing a busy bus ride with local commuters (for example).
- Sometimes you’ve got to rough it to get amongst it. While most of the accommodation on this trip is tourist class, we use basic accommodation with shared facilities where appropriate.
- On occasion, Lenin's Mausoleum and Red Square may be closed to the public without prior warning.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal
Finish point description
Finish point instructions