- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the spectacular stations of Moscow Metro, one of the most beautiful underground systems in the world
- Listen to the personal stories told by a local guide about Soviet Russia
- Sample a traditional Russian snack
- Chat with your local tour guide, who will give you an insight into a Soviet common person’s life
Go beneath the streets on this tour of spectacular and mind-bending Moscow Metro! Be awed by the architecture, spot the propaganda, and listen to the Soviet stories from a local in the know. Finish it all above ground, looking up to Stalin’s skyscrapers and get the inside scoop on what was going on behind those walls.
We begin our Moscow tour beneath the city, exploring the underground palace of the Moscow Metro. From the Square of Revolution station, famous for its huge statues of soviet people (an armed soldier, a farmer with a rooster, a warrior, and more), we’ll move onto some of the most significant stations, where impressive mosaics, columns, and chandeliers will boggle your eyes! Moreover, these stations reveal a big part of soviet reality — the walls depict plenty of propaganda, with party leaders looking down from images on the walls. Your local guide will share personal stories of his/her family from USSR times, giving you insight into Russia’s complicated past and present.
Then we’re coming back up to street level, where we’ll take a break and refuel with some Russian fast food: traditional Russian pies and tea!
Throughout your Moscow tour, you’ll learn curious facts from soviet history while seeing how Russia exists now, 25 years after the USSR.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pancake snack and drink.&Nbsp;
- Additional food and drinks
- tickets for public transport
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips and gratuities for the guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Moscow Underground tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 62 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Moscow Underground tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Moscow Underground tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Karl Marks Monument on Revolution Square, metro stop: Square of RevolutionMap: https://www.google.ru/maps/place/55°45'30.2"N+37°37'10.6"EMeeting end point :