Marrakech: Marrakech, known as the "Red City", is one of Morocco's top honeymoon destinations. Its winding medina alleys, vibrant souks, and iconic Djemaa el-Fna square will fascinate newlyweds who love history and culture. Honeymooners can stay in a traditional riad, explore the city's imperial architecture—including the Bahia Palace and El Badi Palace— and wander the lush French-artist botanical gardens. Day trips to the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara Desert add couple-friendly activities (like camel riding!) to your itinerary for a complete honeymoon trip in Marrakech.
Casablanca: Casablanca, Morocco's largest city, offers a modern take on a Moroccan honeymoon. The coastal metropolis features Art Deco architecture and trendy restaurants alongside Old Medina charm for the leisurely indulgence of couples. Honeymooners can visit the Hassan II Mosque, browse the Habous handicraft market, and enjoy Casablanca's lively nightlife as a part of a couples' private Morocco trip itinerary.
Agadir: With its beautiful beaches and relaxed seaside ambiance, Agadir is an idyllic honeymoon destination for newlyweds seeking tranquility. Stroll hand-in-hand along the boardwalk, lounge at chic beach clubs, or charter a private boat to explore Agadir's picturesque coastline. Inland, the Valley of the Birds and Paradise Valley offer serene natural retreats away from the beach. Agadir's laidback vibes, sweeping ocean vistas, and sunny climate all year round provide the perfect soothing setting by the sea for couples to relax and celebrate their love.
- Rent a private beach villa or a castle on the Moroccan Atlantic Coast for an intimate honeymoon escape complemented by fine dining, couple's massages, and private hammam (Turkish bath) sessions for you and your partner.
- Ride a camel into the Sahara Desert and try an overnight glamping experience under the stars. Watch the sunrise over the magical sand dunes with your loved one.
- Visit the coastal town of Essaouira to explore the lively port, enjoy long romantic walks along the beach, and take in the stunning ocean views together. At sunset, sip drinks at a rooftop bar overlooking the sea.
- Take the perfect couple photo while hot air ballooning on your honeymoon trip in Marrakech. Soak in unforgettable views of the city and the Atlas Mountains.
- Relax in an affluent riad (traditional Moroccan house) that has been converted into a boutique hotel in Marrakech or Fes. Enjoy romantic candle-lit dinners curated especially for couples on their honeymoon in Morocco.
- The best time to visit Morocco for your honeymoon is in the spring and autumn months for pleasantly warm weather, perfect for strolling through the medinas and soaking up the sun with your loved one.
- Public displays of affection between opposite sexes, such as kissing, are not widely accepted in Morocco, so please be mindful of this to steer clear of awkward glances and unwanted attention.
- When in Morocco, remember to dress modestly and cover your legs and arms as a sign of respect for local customs and traditions.
- To pull off a budget trip in Morocco as newlyweds, utilize the well-connected train system around the country that is rather light to your pockets.