- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Meet hardy locals and see unique wildlife in the Falkland Islands.
- Explore abandoned whaling stations and visit Shackleton’s grave.
- Walk quietly amongst king penguins and watch them surf onto the beach.
- Learn about the environment and ecology from industry experts.
Challenge. Desolation. Unlimited wonder. It’s not difficult to grasp what attracted the great explorers to Antarctica. Get a personal appreciation for the struggle to tame the bottom of the world on this 22-day adventure to the land that entranced Ernest Shackleton and countless others since. Down here, you’ll explore the Falkland Islands, encounter abandoned whaling stations on South Georgia Island, and pay your respects at Shackleton’s grave. Elsewhere, you’ll catch up with penguins (king, chinstrap, gentoo, and Adélie varieties), learn all about them through daily lectures, get close to whales and cavorting seals from a Zodiac boat, and keep an eye peeled for towering icebergs and massive glaciers. Prepare to be astonished.
Day 1: Montevideo
Day 2: Montevideo/South Atlantic Ocean
Day 3: South Atlantic Ocean/Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 4: South Atlantic Ocean/Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 5: South Atlantic Ocean/Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 6: Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)/Southern Ocean
Day 7: Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)/Southern Ocean
Day 8: Southern Ocean/South Georgia
Day 9: Southern Ocean/South Georgia
Day 10: South Georgia/Scotia Sea
Day 11: South Georgia/Scotia Sea
Day 12: South Georgia/Scotia Sea
Day 13: South Georgia/Scotia Sea
Day 14: South Shetland Islands/Antarctica
Day 15: South Shetland Islands/Antarctica
Day 16: South Shetland Islands/Drake Passage
Day 17: South Shetland Islands/Drake Passage
Day 18: South Shetland Islands/Drake Passage
Day 19: South Shetland Islands/Drake Passage
Day 20: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 21: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 22: Ushuaia
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the G Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window, 20 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
21 breakfasts, 19 lunches, 20 dinners
Note: Allow USD25-35 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- G Expedition, Zodiac, private bus, walking.
- One expedition team member per 10 guests.
- 20 nts aboard the G Expedition
- 1 nt hotel in Montevideo, on a twin share basis
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Any international flights to Montevideo and from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 585 today.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 10 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : MarineSmall-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 3. Merchandising : Jane Goodall CollectionA selection of wildlife-focused tours endorsed by world renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall. Your purchase of a Jane Goodall Collection tour helps G Adventures support the Jane Goodall Institute’s mission to protect wildlife and empower local communities. Learn more.